Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Texas Diesel Shootout
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:37 PM   #21
Powerstroke Racer

Name: Powerstroke Racer
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramctd View Post
Well that is not necessarily so. I have been there when they called for an impromptu bracket race on street night or test/tune night, just looking for entries. Anybody welcome. So a few bracket rounds in the middle of street night is not unheard of.

8 trucks is just 3 rounds with the lights set up for bracket. You just determine your dial in with normal runs. Then give the number of trucks to the track, they call a round from specific lane and go make the round. You already have dialin on the window. I think it is pretty easy for them to change the light setup for bracket trees. Winners get back in that lane until they want to call the next round (second/third/etc round until a final winner).

I would think as friendly as they have been to the diesel crowd that it is possible.

I have been to all but one or two, able to race or not. I would love to be able to race again, just don't know when I have the money to fix the problems.

Prizes are not why I show up or race.
Ya ya, You just show up so I can show you up
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
Diesel Innovations Online Performance Diesel Products!

Old 02-11-2010, 12:07 AM   #22
ramctd

Name: ramctd
Title: AKA RamWheelsBy4
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post
Ya ya, You just show up so I can show you up
I'm still waiting for that to happen!

Let me count my wins, oh and money. Now let me count your ringer's wins. Hmmm me 3 your ringers 0.

Studs, Springs, Flux 2s, Silver Bullet, II Bag of Parts, AFE Stage II, 6" Stack, Billet TC/Trans by HotRodDiesels, TST R49, MP-8, Smarty TNT/R.
12.43s @ 108.48

Old 02-11-2010, 07:04 AM   #23
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Name: GOLDDUSTERS5703
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I'm still waiting for that to happen!

Let me count my wins, oh and money. Now let me count your ringer's wins. Hmmm me 3 your ringers 0.

PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Old 02-11-2010, 08:11 AM   #24
MDW

Name: MDW
Member`s Gallery
The intention of this event was to get all the diesel competitors in the area to the same track at the same time. We had heard of people racing at different tracks at different times.
We want to keep this simple and casual. The problem with brackets/classes/organization is someone has to do it. Not to mention getting the racers into the lanes on time. I have noticed most want to stand around in the pit area yackin about this or that, which is fine but not going to work for an organized racing event. I have personally ran my feet off chasing you guys down just trying to get you into the lanes on time.
We have had very few rules and people were beachin about them, whats going to happen when we start trying to impose more rules?
If you don't think your truck is fast enough then come out and run your truck anyway (too have fun) if you don't want to be involved in the racing, fine but show up.

I think its cool that you guys are talking about this as it makes me think it's possible to have a large event in the future.
If you want to help then work on spreading the word to get more racers/spectators out to participate in the event. Spectating is fine, it shows us and the track that there is interest in what we are doing.

Now, if there is someone that wants to put up the tens of thousands of your dollars to organize an event we would be very happy to sit down with you and discuss it.

Guys, lets keep it simple, show up, race, don't race, have fun, talk ship about David, listen to Joe tell me how he ran faster 4 years ago Watch Max get his butt handed to him on the tree by me Watch David blowup yet another motor (assuming we ever see Snow White again) listen to John V. talk about his 12 second truck not making it to the track but showing up every time Hear about the adventures of Danny just getting to the track, albeit never on time Eric not being able to build boost but running 11 seconds Scott and his 11 second banana bracket truck Will in his phantom 11,000hp common rail that runs 13's etc, etc, etc....
Too all that I have offended ptptptpttttttttttttt

Old 02-11-2010, 09:07 AM   #25
imelmo

Name: imelmo
Title: Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
brackets just wont work on street nights at baytown

Why not? Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Well that is not necessarily so. I have been there when they called for an impromptu bracket race on street night or test/tune night, just looking for entries. Anybody welcome. So a few bracket rounds in the middle of street night is not unheard of.

8 trucks is just 3 rounds with the lights set up for bracket. You just determine your dial in with normal runs. Then give the number of trucks to the track, they call a round from specific lane and go make the round. You already have dialin on the window. I think it is pretty easy for them to change the light setup for bracket trees. Winners get back in that lane until they want to call the next round (second/third/etc round until a final winner).

I would think as friendly as they have been to the diesel crowd that it is possible.

I have been to all but one or two, able to race or not. I would love to be able to race again, just don't know when I have the money to fix the problems.

Prizes are not why I show up or race.

Exactly, nothing complicated about it.

The FORDOTA, '86 Toyota reg cab tube chassis to be powered by a 6.0 Powerstroke; finally back in progress

Old 02-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #26
Powerstroke Racer

Member`s Gallery
Well it's nice to see that we only have 1 pervert amongst us

Old 02-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #27
SCHOOL BUS

Name: SCHOOL BUS
Title: DLRA T-O
Member`s Gallery
david you werent offering anything we dont already have!

lol JUST KIDDING!

Old 02-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #28
estelly

Name: estelly
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Hi Guys I Know It Has Been Awhile Since I Chimed In On Anything. I Love The Fact That We Are Trying To Get More Trucks To The Track. Sorry That I Haven't Been Able To Make It Myself Lately But I Will Be There As Soon As I Get My Truck Back Which Should Be Very Shortly.

Now My Thoughts On Getting More People To The Track Are The Event Should Be Promoted As A Get Together With A Race Not A Race With A Get Together. Every Time I Go To The Track I Try To Learn Something And I'm Always Trying To Improve My Personal Best Even If Its.1 At A Time.whenever You Have That Many Knowledgeable People And Fast Trucks In One Place You Can't Help But Learn Something.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:31 AM   #29
DART505

Name: DART505
Title: WFO ALL THE TIME
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Next race I'm handing out topless pics of the wife to everyone that races their truck down the track.
How about a teeser David?
Are you and a couple of your group comming to our Baton Rouge race next month?
Sure Elmo would share some of his booze.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:51 AM   #30
Sprman

Name: Sprman
Title: Stock SUCKS!!!!
Member`s Gallery
Well, one of these days i'm gonna be in town during one of these....... It looks like i'm gonna be home for a few months, but now my truck is in pieces.. Guess i'll have to put it back together so i can get a topless pic of Lott's wife!!

Old 02-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #31
imelmo

Name: imelmo
Title: Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DART505 View Post
How about a teeser David?
Are you and a couple of your group comming to our Baton Rouge race next month?
Sure Elmo would share some of his booze.
Believe it or not, he has tried it before. There's a pic somewhere.

The FORDOTA, '86 Toyota reg cab tube chassis to be powered by a 6.0 Powerstroke; finally back in progress

Old 02-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #32
VMAX

Name: VMAX
Member`s Gallery
I still think if we leave it alone and just have 3 to 4 weeks of forewarning, myself and who ever else that wants to help out will spread it out to other diesel forums and talk it up. I think it would also be a good idea to start a email list group through say yahoo groups. Not everyone including myself checks even once a week on this section because it has hardly any action. The group would be no more work than a copy paste on the info and auto email is sent and everyone will know to look here for details. This would also help you organizers if you have a late post on an event, it would be seen by more than Scott, David, Mike, John and Me.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #33
Powerstroke Racer

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMAX View Post
I still think if we leave it alone and just have 3 to 4 weeks of forewarning, myself and who ever else that wants to help out will spread it out to other diesel forums and talk it up. I think it would also be a good idea to start a email list group through say yahoo groups. Not everyone including myself checks even once a week on this section because it has hardly any action. The group would be no more work than a copy paste on the info and auto email is sent and everyone will know to look here for details. This would also help you organizers if you have a late post on an event, it would be seen by more than Scott, David, Mike, John and Me.
Good idea, I will not be here the first week in March, going to Suncoast that weekend, do we want to try for a bigger event in April?

I'll sweeten the pot even more, if we have at least 20 trucks commit to be on the track I'll make Snow White the 21st truck!!!

Old 02-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #34
Justin Price

Name: Justin Price
Member`s Gallery
I'm gonna try my best to make as many as I can. I've been one time and had fun but there were only 3 trucks running when I showed up. I know I can't keep up but I'll be happy to donate to the cause and run it down the track.

SOLD: 01 2WD DRW NV4500 600/1136 on fuel

Old 02-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #35
VMAX

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW View Post
Guys, lets keep it simple, show up, race, don't race, have fun, talk ship about David, listen to Joe tell me how he ran faster 4 years ago Watch Max get his butt handed to him on the tree by me Watch David blowup yet another motor (assuming we ever see Snow White again) listen to John V. talk about his 12 second truck not making it to the track but showing up every time Hear about the adventures of Danny just getting to the track, albeit never on time Eric not being able to build boost but running 11 seconds Scott and his 11 second banana bracket truck Will in his phantom 11,000hp common rail that runs 13's etc, etc, etc....
Too all that I have offended ptptptpttttttttttttt
Wait where is Mikes in this? Watch Mike let off on the 8th mile and blame a uhhh something and next pass blow a motor or output shaft.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #36
VMAX

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelly View Post
Hi Guys I Know It Has Been Awhile Since I Chimed In On Anything. I Love The Fact That We Are Trying To Get More Trucks To The Track. Sorry That I Haven't Been Able To Make It Myself Lately But I Will Be There As Soon As I Get My Truck Back Which Should Be Very Shortly.

Now My Thoughts On Getting More People To The Track Are The Event Should Be Promoted As A Get Together With A Race Not A Race With A Get Together. Every Time I Go To The Track I Try To Learn Something And I'm Always Trying To Improve My Personal Best Even If Its.1 At A Time.whenever You Have That Many Knowledgeable People And Fast Trucks In One Place You Can't Help But Learn Something.
Come on man enough of the suspense what is happening under that hood? You know I am a Duramax guy at heart. I bet it is gonna be mean! Let me guess, Dual Cp3, Crower billet rods, So cal head work with keyed and balanced crank, maybe upgraded turbos but doubt it, instead 2 kits dual stage nitrous would make more sense.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #37
MDW

Name: MDW
Member`s Gallery
Took the weekend off and pulled the motor.
We killed #6.
All but #5 were hurt but 6 is KILLED.

It will be running very soon.
Time to order parts.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #38
ramctd

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Good idea, I will not be here the first week in March, going to Suncoast that weekend, do we want to try for a bigger event in April?

I'll sweeten the pot even more, if we have at least 20 trucks commit to be on the track I'll make Snow White the 21st truck!!!

Studs, Springs, Flux 2s, Silver Bullet, II Bag of Parts, AFE Stage II, 6" Stack, Billet TC/Trans by HotRodDiesels, TST R49, MP-8, Smarty TNT/R.
12.43s @ 108.48

Old 02-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #39
ramctd

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW View Post
Took the weekend off and pulled the motor.
We killed #6.
All but #5 were hurt but 6 is KILLED.

It will be running very soon.
Time to order parts.
See pics on this thread.

HotRodDiesel Truck -Why it would not start and ran like chit! - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

12.43s @ 108.48

Old 02-15-2010, 07:45 AM   #40
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Name: GOLDDUSTERS5703
Member`s Gallery
i like the idea for an email list!

PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Closed Thread