Building a E model.

I’m not interested in building a 1000hp truck that’s not driver friendly. I just want a nice healthy power plant that I can get reliability out of. My knowledge is limited and that’s why I’m here, but correct me if I’m wrong, doesn’t the 40 pin files have a little more low end torque than the 70 pin files? I think the 70 pin files has a little more mid range torque but for what I do, I need the low end torque more than the mid or high end.
I’m not against using a 70pin, but if I can use what I have to achieve the end result, I’d rather just do that. I’m not sure about drilling holes, probably wouldn’t work out to good. Lol. Would the 211-3025’s be a better choice on injectors?

You would be amazed what you can do with the correct combination of parts.

With the 58’s or Acert injectors, cam and ecm maxed out you will be probably just under 800hp with Acert twins. Or about the same as a stock 2WS/6NZ/MBN with a file and all stock hard parts.

Friend has a 5EK exactly like that and it does great. But he’s building an Acert to take its place with bigger turbos. HP is addicting and the 5EK isn’t fun anymore.

I’m hoping to find the right combination. Is the 211-3025’s a good fit for the Acert bottom end. Will they be compatible with the cam? Twins may have to wait a lil bit. Someone told me today that they put a stock 5ek 435 turbo under a s400 bw and it works great. Anyone try to do that?

Last edited:
I’m hoping to find the right combination. Is the 211-3025’s a good fit for the Acert bottom end. Will they be compatible with the cam? Twins may have to wait a lil bit. Someone told me today that they put a stock 5ek 435 turbo under a s400 bw and it works great. Anyone try to do that?

No 3025’s are bigger than 58’s and you won’t have nearly enough air for them. Those were for the 650/680hp 7CZ. That’s about what the truck I had here had with his 10% flowed 58’s that we had to cut power to make it workable.

A 75 or 78mm borg works as a high pressure turbo under a HX82/S500 but the S400 is too small for a low pressure. Turbine wheel is crap that’s why you can’t run the 80mm or larger compressor wheel because it will surge.

We have built a bunch here with Acert twins and 5 with custom twins of different combinations. 800hp or under stay with Acert, from 1100hp to 1400hp to the ground you need S400/S500 combos or HX82/S400 or 2-82’s. Have tried piles of singles and none ever work as advertised. If they flow enough to support the power they take a month to spool. If you like a work truck a 2 stroke dirtbike power band then a big single is for you. 98% of the people that suggest a certain turbo as a single have never tired to actually work it. Can buy Acert turbos complete for the same price as a 78mm borg.

Where do you live?

I live in Middle TN. Have a farm up on the north side of Louisville too. I’m back & forth between the 2. I really haven’t looked for twins but can start. Are the 58’s ok to run with the Acert piston? I was under the impression that that’s a no, no.

I live in Middle TN. Have a farm up on the north side of Louisville too. I’m back & forth between the 2. I really haven’t looked for twins but can start. Are the 58’s ok to run with the Acert piston? I was under the impression that that’s a no, no.

If you use 16:1 I would say yes because the bowl is larger. Do you have any other parts of the Acert you got the rotating assembly from?

Faulkner says he has pallets of turbos

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Several.....
5b1dc55987966eb081e1a5e1f154d290.jpg

eeb1a092222571495917979875845e1d.jpg

It got to be easier around here to just take peoples money and give them what they think they want vs what they need. When they call back and admit it runs worse and fuel mileage didn’t go up like the Internet said, you can flash the ecm which is all they needed to start with.

Several.....
5b1dc55987966eb081e1a5e1f154d290.jpg

eeb1a092222571495917979875845e1d.jpg

It got to be easier around here to just take peoples money and give them what they think they want vs what they need. When they call back and admit it runs worse and fuel mileage didn’t go up like the Internet said, you can flash the ecm which is all they needed to start with.

Wonder how they would work on a 14l series 60.... lol

If you use 16:1 I would say yes because the bowl is larger. Do you have any other parts of the Acert you got the rotating assembly from?

Not much. Just basically got the bottom end. It was stripped down when I got it. Are you getting decent fuel mileage running the Acert twins?

Last edited:
Thought about putting a set on my dads ISX but don’t think manifold angle is right to make any of the pipes work with a flange adapter. So it would be easier to just build a set.

What direction is the flange facing on an acert?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’m not really a fuel mileage type of guy. I haul heavy, drive fast and sometimes blow chit up.

That’s the story of my life! Lol. I normally don’t care about mileage but I was wandering if there’s a difference. Empty I do good if I’m close to 5. Piss on this winter blend, I lose 1/2 mpg.

That’s the story of my life! Lol. I normally don’t care about mileage but I was wandering if there’s a difference. Empty I do good if I’m close to 5. Piss on this winter blend, I lose 1/2 mpg.

Well taking them off an Acert makes no change other than they are laggy with a single. If anything changes it’s because people add power when they single them. The myth is what the forums preach is that they are restrictive. No one actually measures drive/boost pressure, I did and have video proving it’s 1:1.

What direction is the flange facing on an acert?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

01181cb67b5fc90f8d3ad474daece784.jpg

Bookmarking this for future reference...although if we start working on our old E model, we'll probably just drop it off and pick it up when it's done LOL

Chris

Lol. We all know that 425 was just a # Cat used. I’ll put a Acert crank in it and build a 600 or so

Yea they’re still not that impressive, friend went with me to dyno day with one in his 359, pump maxed and big compounds and couldn’t break 800hp. Still have to o ring the head and with an Acert crank your still going to have to lower compression. A lot of work and money and smoke to make marginal HP. Pump is as big as a 4cyl Honda and very limited on fuel. Put a Bosch pump on and you lose the timing advance.

There’s a reason it’s got an electric motor now. Even clearanced the block to swing a C18 crank and bought the 13mm plungers/barrels from CDS and said screw it and put a 70pin engine in. Parts are just collecting dust now.

Drive to Ohio and I’ll let you drive a couple trucks and I bet you’ll decide quick what parts you want to use.

Back