Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
Drummer1

Name: Drummer1
Title: Wise Beyond my years
Member`s Gallery
Exclamation Software Upgrade for the 6.7 liter 2007

I just recently got my truck not even a month ago after it was ordered from DODGE and it was made in Mexico, I was told it would take 6-8 weeks and finally it arrived on the 10 week, anyway, over the past few weeks I got a check engine light, I brought it to the dealership and they told me that it was a glitch, and that they cleared out the codes, well a few days ago the check engine light came on again, so I brought it back and explained that this now needs to be fixed for good, well as of today I called the dealer to check the status of the truck, and they told me that there was a NEW software upgrade that was released as of yesturday 8-22-07 and they were installing it, and in fact that would clear any issues.
I just wanted to let everyone know that if this has been an issue you may want to take it to the dealer to get this upgrade.

Last edited by Drummer1; 08-23-2007 at 10:39 AM.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:35 PM   #2
2rowdy

Name: 2rowdy
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Do you the tsb number or equivelant. Just something to go to the dealer with. Because of sites like this I am usually ahead of my dealer.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
Drummer1

Name: Drummer1
Title: Wise Beyond my years
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rowdy
Do you the tsb number or equivelant. Just something to go to the dealer with. Because of sites like this I am usually ahead of my dealer.
the Dealer only told me that they had to upgrade the computer no other info was provided?

Old 08-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Look on the ecm or pcm it will usually have a dealer TSB alert with the upgraded number on it......

(This alerts other dealers who may work on it that the TSB Flash has been done already)

Old 09-02-2007, 09:51 PM   #5
dirt farmer

Name: dirt farmer
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
lith ur talking about led me to new turbo 3computers overheating and at 3000miles lemon law got me a 2008bluechip 3500 6.7

Old 09-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #6
dirt farmer

Name: dirt farmer
Member`s Gallery
here i go again back to dealer 2300miles on 08-6.7 ton engine light on wonder which code this time

Old 09-22-2007, 11:36 AM   #7
Bluetick

Name: Bluetick
Member`s Gallery
I am having the same problem with mine. 07 model 6.7
Engine light came on at 2500 miles first time. They put the new download in it and said that would take care of the problem. At 4000 miles it came on again. EGR clogged again. Put the latest download in. That lasted until 12,500 miles. I just got home from the dealer 10 minutes ago with yet another LATEST VERSION OF THE DOWNLOAD and guess what. They said this one would fix it for sure. We'll see.
Darrell

Old 09-24-2007, 09:39 AM   #8
2rowdy

Name: 2rowdy
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
My cel came on again Thursday so I went by the dealer. Turns out my egr valve was hitting the soundproofing under the hood knocking the sensor a little loose thats why cel was going on and off. Solution- put new valve on and cut hole in soundproofing if light comes on again.
2007.5, 6.7 liter, mega cab, 4 x 4, 68rfe trans, anti-spin, 3.73 rear axle,brilliant black crystal pearl, ISSPRO a-pillar pyro, boost, trans temp, rail pressure, Smarty, extreme power puck, HTT 66/73/13-ss.

Closed Thread