water in fuel now running rough

mcolussy

my buddy has a 2011 6.7 and must have gotten bad fuel and the water drain light came on and he continued to run it. Now it seems to have a miss was not sure if it messed up the injectors or possibly the pump. Codes came up that showed 1256 injectors and also just water in fuel. He has already pulled the injectors and the tips looked fine on them but he did not check rail pressure before he pulled it apart. I am not very familiar with the newer commonrail and have only really messed with the older twelve valves. I do know I need to keep the injectors in order but any other info would help.

Thanks

The injectors are toast. Put a new set of injector in it. Drain the tank and fill with clean fuel, change the fuel filter, flush the pump, lines and rail.

Last edited:
thank you that is kinda what i figured should i use fresh diesel fuel to clean the lines and pump all out
thank you

Yeah call insurance company and go to fuel station and hopefully they have truck filling up on video and you have a recipt. That can total a truck easily.

Back