Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Injectables; Water, Meth, Nitrous, Ect.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #61
some 98 cummins

Name: some 98 cummins
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
this is what happened when i put nitromethane in the fuel tank...

Click the image to open in full size.
98.5 QCLB, 180 p-pump tuned by Goff. Colt stg 2. 3 piece manifold. HTT 35/40. AirDog I with 40psi spring. Diesel Dynamics injectors. Built tranny with tripple disk, billet input, output and basket. 3.55 gears with 35" tires, soon to be 4.11's
429 uncorrected @ Gillett

Old 01-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #62
XLR8R

Name: XLR8R
Title: Crew Chief
Member`s Gallery
See, if you had tried that on the short bus, there'd be daylight under the front skinnies... gotta rock the short bus if you want to roll with the big kids.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #63
5.9 Cummins Fan

Name: 5.9 Cummins Fan
Title: Gearhead
Member`s Gallery
I dont know what they had high concentration hydrogen peroxide for. Never messed with it during class, just got to see some cool stuff after class. The teacher was a old redneck guy with a MB 300TD that is all beat to crap converted to run on veggie oil lol I would say about 2-3 seconds and you could see flames on the pile of sawdust, but it started smoldering immediately. I bet higher concentrations would decompose and create heat much faster. Grades used in rocket fuel decompose at an explosive rate.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #64
jkidd_39

Name: jkidd_39
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by some 98 cummins View Post
Jkidd...DieselAutopower.com jkidd? thanks...see if i buy anything from you now....
That's a different jkidd. I'm the less educated one I'm sure. I was just giving you a hard time. No intentions of pissing you off. I sometimes don't spell much gooder.

2005 F-350 King Ranch- Cummins CR convo in progress..
2008 F-450 CCLB - KEM tunes, Elite Studs/EGR w/ wastegate

Old 01-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #65
nitrogen

Name: nitrogen
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
all that would happen is the 2nd oxygen atom would split off. that would leave you with H2O+O. oxygen is actually O2 so it would take 2 H2O2 molecules to make 1 molecule of O2. at higher temps and pressure like in the cylinder it would be nearly instantaneous i think. as far as the O2 welding bottle its high pressure gas(2000psi ish)but its still much less dense than nitrous. which is liquid at around 2-300 psi. therefore you would have to dump by comparison huge volumes of O2 to get the same effect as nitrous. big high pressure bottle with short run time. as well injecting pure O2 would increase the reaction rate as compared to just adding more air by increasing boost. this would have the effect of changing the amount of timing needed radically as the O2 came on. it would need some wild programming to deal with that. and prob more than a few burnt up engines to get it halfway reliable. i would be more than happy to volunteer your engine as the first guinea pig teehee

Old 01-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #66
5.9 Cummins Fan

Name: 5.9 Cummins Fan
Title: Gearhead
Member`s Gallery
I have a few 55 gallon drums of 35% peroxide in the shed that we use to clean our milking equipment, but I'm not about to try it out lol. Maybe someone will be braver than I am, I would if I had another reliable vehicle to drive in case I blew mine to pieces

Closed Thread