3rd Gen Replacement Radiator

Summit brand radiator arrived today. The width and thickness are the same as the stock radiator, but the tube count in less.

Summit = 73 rows and 28 3/8" from 1st to last tube.

OEM = 79 rows and 28 3/4" from 1st to last tube.

Red Sleeper - I have 2 of the Derale 51908s on my 77. The one in the front works for 99% of the time and I put another one under the bed with a fan that comes on when needed. With those two, I can drive and tow in summer stop and go and it keeps the transmission temperatures below 200*.

Just got powned by a rolling road block on the I40 gorge in NC. 10 miles of crawling... Coolant warm, Trans warm. No way to engage the fan because I was right behind the cops. Wanted to dukes of hazard so bad.

I guess I'm going to add an electric fan to my OEM trans cooler.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Red Sleeper - I have 2 of the Derale 51908s on my 77. The one in the front works for 99% of the time and I put another one under the bed with a fan that comes on when needed. With those two, I can drive and tow in summer stop and go and it keeps the transmission temperatures below 200*.

Good feed back! Thanks for this.
I was on the fence about trying the heat sink cooler. I will now go with the Derale cooler and likely add a small fan.

I can never figure out how to insert pictures from Google photos.

AP1GczMxeA0Tu8VLa34zdEYauQRzcTlzOau-u1T89btwasJtQ_MInveMEm3XlWGLeFz5OxzFOGvncfXH1my7EqBDvP9agoLDxQhEURF6BGIgsB4Md-G9ZxdcZXYc7KSBPU46obB7P663MtzctgZXpQqvbXL_Dw=w1271-h953-s-no-gm

AP1GczMQO-JGedsRY-Xh5dDI5tM3QN7zSFtL-39TZGS51LGGDSlZSWL1dKl73A3Wl4E4vFt2Jc8Bn-5P3gJywLzlI1KL6bINAgbzlHIWvfWLLnErIgro8owIgtOXlbCaKCmUrpmSXaypH4XwhmrUPnFpqcD34Q=w715-h953-s-no-gm

Last edited:
The only thing from keeping that baby girl from absolute perfection, is a set of 16" wheels and TSL's.

The only thing from keeping that baby girl from absolute perfection, is a set of 16" wheels and TSL's.

16" rims won't fit the brakes. It stops way too good to not have the 2005-up Ford SD brakes.

Next up once my eye heals up from surgery is to link the rear end. Tired of the leaf springs in the rear, they ride like crap.

Last edited:
Back