engine/trans running temps...

01dirtydzl

Well, i feel mine are far too cool, i just did a full coolant flush, new OEM cummins tstat, and removed the cooling fan for winter, truck struggles to get to operating temp, and if i get into city traffic, it will cool back down and lose some heat.

the trans however, struggles to get to 100 degrees, city driving with converter unlocked, it will sometimes get to 150, but any sustained driving, it cools down to 125/115 or so...

Usually in the winter i block the radiator core with cardboard between the intercooler/radiator...seems to work well, I tried to do this with the trans cooler up front to keep temps higher, however, it still runs cold when i get moving...yet gets kinda hot when city driving and converter unlocked(around 180/190)

Thinking about moving the cooler to the bed with a dedicated fan? as far as the engine itself...anyone have ideas? the systems been burped, its full of coolant, no air pockets.

Does it have the factory bypass around the t-stat? Might try crimping it off to force all coolant through the t-stat

Back