Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #21
Joesixpack

Name: Joesixpack
Title: Pull'n it.
Member`s Gallery
ENGINE and SEAT......I like it. 60 psi fuel'd should be more than enough to gut that trans if you could hook it, like at 80mph....

Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #22
dvst8r

Name: dvst8r
Title: Unobtainium
Member`s Gallery
We were all surprised it scaled out as heavy as it did for as you said "an engine and a seat", we were thinking it would be more like 2500lbs, but that body is like 10 gauge steel.

500hp is going to be nucking futs. According to the compd calculator even with 350hp it should trap 120mph. I have no real way to judge how much power it is making as it is total sensory overload when riding in it, but with these 7x0.010's I think we should be into that 350hp - 400hp range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
If i had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if i had some eggs.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #23
97rada

Name: 97rada
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
That's sweet! I have wanted to build one like this for a few years

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #24
pic_jon

Name: pic_jon
Title: $5 Fine For Whinin'
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvst8r View Post
We were all surprised it scaled out as heavy as it did for as you said "an engine and a seat", we were thinking it would be more like 2500lbs, but that body is like 10 gauge steel.

500hp is going to be nucking futs. According to the compd calculator even with 350hp it should trap 120mph. I have no real way to judge how much power it is making as it is total sensory overload when riding in it, but with these 7x0.010's I think we should be into that 350hp - 400hp range.
What did the scale say?

Looks like a blast to drive.. I can imagine the looks yall get.

For Sale: 2nd Gen Compounds (475/92/1.1 & HE351CW), 913 pump @ 525cc's and Valair DD

Old 04-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #25
dvst8r

Member`s Gallery
3000lbs

Quote:

Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #26
Big Blue24

Name: Big Blue24
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
If it weighs 3000 lbs, it needs more power!!!

When it can spin aired-down BFG all terrains at 100 MPH, that's when you've got a true rocket - death trap!!!

In all seriousness, it sounds like it's about perfect as far as power to weight ratio for a fun toy that you're not temped to turn into a full-blown race vehicle.
OEM 12v Block

Old 04-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #27
dvst8r

Member`s Gallery
Yeah it is good now, but knowing how the owner is, once the trans gets built, he will want more.

I'm sure we can squeeze another ~100hp out of it, without going to bigger injectors again. Just using a mack plug (already has just needs to be installed), comp dv's, afc mods, and racking the barrels. Probably will bump the timing up a bit more as well since it only drives in the summer, and lives in a heated garage.

Quote:

Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
DieselFanatic87

Name: DieselFanatic87
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Would you have to readjust the band if you put in the stronger strut? Or what would you have to take apart? besides the taking the valve body out.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #29
USARMY12V

Name: USARMY12V
Title: Rally round the Virginian
Member`s Gallery
You have to loosen the band to get the strut. You'll understand once you get the valvebody dropped. Readjust with new piece installed.

"God gave them 24 for those too dumb to use 12."

Be a happy dinosaur

1998 QCLB 5.9 Auto Under the Knife

2010 MCSB 6.7 68RFE Draconian MCC soon to be EFI, Deleted

Old 01-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #30
USARMY12V

Name: USARMY12V
Title: Rally round the Virginian
Member`s Gallery
47re Clutch Pack Upgrades - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together see post 14 and you'll see the strut.

"God gave them 24 for those too dumb to use 12."

Be a happy dinosaur

1998 QCLB 5.9 Auto Under the Knife

2010 MCSB 6.7 68RFE Draconian MCC soon to be EFI, Deleted

Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #31
Limited

Name: Limited
Title: Slow N' Quiet
Member`s Gallery
That's gotta be scary as hell! Fun and awesome but scary!

Old 01-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #32
BRE

Name: BRE
Member`s Gallery
That thing is awesome!
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 01-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #33
dvst8r

Member`s Gallery
Dyno'd just under 600hp, with some other mods, and then we took it further. It is getting a lift pump to help the stock lift pump as we have reached the point where fuel pressure drops off on a wot run.

The converter now slips if locked up under wot, other then that with a little extra line pressure, knock on wood it has been holding fine. With that being said it gets cruised around more then raced.

Unfortunately still lots of snow here, so it will be another at least 3 months before it sees the light of day again.

Oh and when the owner took Torrey for a ride, they got a case of death wobble at wot 3rd gear, Torrey likes the race truck as it is much less violent.

Quote:

Last edited by dvst8r; 01-31-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #34
gwhammy

Name: gwhammy
Member`s Gallery
Stock convertor? Check the guys down in Ga. for a rebuilt one, really reasonable and good convertors. You really don't want to slip it much and send crap into the rest of the trans.

That's a neat ride, looks like a death trap just setting still. Can you put ejector seats in it?
How much power will the Jag rearend take?

Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #35
matty169

Name: matty169
Member`s Gallery
Jag rear end is hating life. I destroyed one behind a 377 SBC. As long as it doesnt hook it might live awhile.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #36
BlackSkyRacing

Name: BlackSkyRacing
Title: Living Under a Rock
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Dyno'd just under 600hp, with some other mods, and then we took it further. It is getting a lift pump to help the stock lift pump as we have reached the point where fuel pressure drops off on a wot run.

The converter now slips if locked up under wot, other then that with a little extra line pressure, knock on wood it has been holding fine. With that being said it gets cruised around more then raced.

Unfortunately still lots of snow here, so it will be another at least 3 months before it sees the light of day again.

Oh and when the owner took Torrey for a ride, they got a case of death wobble at wot 3rd gear, Torrey likes the race truck as it is much less violent.
Was gonna say, I dyno'd 425/1017 with 7x.010s on a non racked, non mack plugged, shimmed governor spring 160 pump with a single 60mm charger and more then likely a bad HG... that's a pretty decent number, what else did you guys do to that beast to get there?

08 QCSB 4x4 stock (ish) - 68RFE parts test pig

49 Dodge 2.6 pulling project "Gold Digger"

Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #37
Smokie Okie

Name: Smokie Okie
Member`s Gallery

Molon Labe, Deo Vindici

Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #38
dvst8r

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSkyRacing View Post
Was gonna say, I dyno'd 425/1017 with 7x.010s on a non racked, non mack plugged, shimmed governor spring 160 pump with a single 60mm charger and more then likely a bad HG... that's a pretty decent number, what else did you guys do to that beast to get there?
Dyno'd with 7x.014's, mack plug, 4k gov springs, ~25degrees timing iirc, and obviously it is running twins. It makes close to 90psi converter locked in od.

After it dyno'd we racked the barrels, modded the afc for full travel, and changed out the spring to better suit the twins, and are now adding an electric lift pump.

We have been joking about adding a nice small shot for the next time it dyno's, but he is building another car (not diesel this time) so he is not sure when he will get around to pulling the trans on this one and getting a converter and some trans work.

He walked a lambo from a hiway roll (that 2.88 jag rear end makes it a hiway monster) the guy in the lambo followed him until he stopped at a gas station and talked to him for over an hour.

Quote:

Old 02-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #39
BlackSkyRacing

Name: BlackSkyRacing
Title: Living Under a Rock
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Dyno'd with 7x.014's, mack plug, 4k gov springs, ~25degrees timing iirc, and obviously it is running twins. It makes close to 90psi converter locked in od.

After it dyno'd we racked the barrels, modded the afc for full travel, and changed out the spring to better suit the twins, and are now adding an electric lift pump.

We have been joking about adding a nice small shot for the next time it dyno's, but he is building another car (not diesel this time) so he is not sure when he will get around to pulling the trans on this one and getting a converter and some trans work.

He walked a lambo from a hiway roll (that 2.88 jag rear end makes it a hiway monster) the guy in the lambo followed him until he stopped at a gas station and talked to him for over an hour.
Wow, seems the 40 might need some help with gating a little more... 90psi? how were EGTs? How does it act with those larger hone 7 holes and boost btw? I know my 7x.010s noticeably nosed over when boost went past 50psi on my compounds.

x2 on the recommendation not to slip the converter clutch much. Not only does it make massive amounts of heat, but also debris and particles get sent through the trans and especially seems to stick in the coolers.

08 QCSB 4x4 stock (ish) - 68RFE parts test pig

49 Dodge 2.6 pulling project "Gold Digger"

Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #40
dvst8r

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSkyRacing View Post
Wow, seems the 40 might need some help with gating a little more... 90psi? how were EGTs? How does it act with those larger hone 7 holes and boost btw? I know my 7x.010s noticeably nosed over when boost went past 50psi on my compounds.

x2 on the recommendation not to slip the converter clutch much. Not only does it make massive amounts of heat, but also debris and particles get sent through the trans and especially seems to stick in the coolers.
No gate on either turbo, it is an is what it is setup. Egt's bury the 1600 degree pyro. When he built it in his mind it was going to stay pretty stock, he just put the twins on for the look to start. Then we met, and he let me start tweaking, and and well here it is.

7x14's are okay, I still prefer 5 hole injectors, these ones don't ever feel like they lay over, but still feel "soft" for as big of an injector as they are.

Quote:

Closed Thread