Dmax CP3 for DUAL CP3 on a 03 cummins

IC-Smoke

Oh SNAP!
Ok something interesting. A buddy called me today asking advice on using a Dmax CP3 to put a dual CP3 kit on his 03 cummins..... Anyone ever thought of this or tried it? can it be done or are the Dmax and CTD fuel systems that different?

Thanks guys!
Ian

On the ATS kit on my truck, you have to use a Dmax Cp3, as the Cummins Cp3 won't mount up with their bracketry. Everything hooks up fine and runs fine with mine at least.

I saw it on a Cummins in Diesel Power a little while back. The systems are VERY similar and it worked great I guess, cause the truck made HUGE power.

PPE and ATS use the Dmax pump as the 2cnd pump.But you can get a Dodge pump as the second one if you wish on the PPE kit.There are other kits out there as well.

the dmax pump is an upgrade over the dodge cp3. able to flow more fuel from what I have been told. I also have the ATS dual cp3 set up on a cummins i am building and was looking into why it used a dmax pump. 2 different people told me the main reason it is used is increased performance.

ok lets say he has the pump what other items would be needed?
pulley, belt, some sort of mounting bracket.... where do the fuel lines run or tap into?

Thanks guys!!!

SCHOOL BUS said:
on a dual kit do you run two stock cp3's? two modded cp3's? one stock & one modded? how does it work?

IIRC, you use two stock CP3's.

P.S. What stuff you getting from relentless?

Dual Cp3s using Dodge Pumps

I went with the Relentless kit and have been very pleased. I had picked up two oem stock pumps and all I needed was all the hardware and Relentless provides the kit in that form if you have the pumps. Perfect fit on everything and it works SWEET!!!

As others stated PPE will supply you that way also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not everyone runs 2 stock pumps......:evil

i know that because my original FCA is now on a twin pumped race truck....and its a modified FCA.

After tearing down many CP3's .....the only difference between the Dodge and the Dmax is the gear housing ports. Barrell's, poppets,etc...all the same. Dmax FCA doesn't seem to work all that well with the dodge's. Gearhousing mod fixes this difference. "WHO" needs dual pumps anyway??? It's about volume not pressure. If you have volume you will have pressure.:bang

My new motor has The Relentless kit....I've seen it in all stages from fab to finished, installed product and it's top notch to say the least.

Back