05 Help!

aggar

I need some help. My brother got an 05 With a 6spd. It's the HO. He was wanting a small chip or tuner bout 50-80hp and a good exhaust that will give it a good sound but does not want to straight it. Any ideas since I'm a Dmax owner! Thanks. Ryan

I like my Edge Juice with the Attitude.

It has good power for a truck in stock form with adjustability for driving, towing, or racing. Here is a video from youtube: Edge Install video
It's easier to install on the Cummins because you don't have to remove the fenderwell to drill and tap the manifold for the EGT probe.

You can set the Edge to defuel for things like high EGT's and transmission/clutch slip. The Juice does not add pressure, just duration and timing, so you don't have to worry about damaged injectors.

On my dad's 03 I put a Bully Dog Triple Dog on it and leave it on the tow setting (60 hp) and it works great. Good low end power and smoke when it's needed. It also hasn't caused any problems with the clutch.

As for exhaust, I can totally understand not wanting to straight pipe it due to excessive drone and obnoxious noise. Don't get me wrong I like it at low speeds but when cruising it gets old fast. My solution to that was a Dynomax race series muffler that has a straight thru design. Good sound and it killed the drone.

Just my .02

Another vote for the Edge Juice/Attitude combo, I love mine.
Its a great starter box, has "guages", it will defuel if EGTs are high, and also does boost fooling.

For the exhaust, if hes on the cheap, id just hack off the stock muffler, and weld in a peice of 4" pipe(you can also hack off the cat as well)
Its not too loud if you leave the cat, and just slightly louder if its just straight 4" pipe.
If not, he can get a cheap 5" straight system($320~), and weld in a donaldson muffler.($150?)

Back