Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tractor Performance > General Tractor Performance > Others
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Others Any other not listed

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
txastuff79

Name: txastuff79
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Cummins 4.5l crank no start

I believe it's a 2011 model skytrak 8042. It has an electronic controlled injection pump. Cummins 4.5l. Crank no start. No. Smoke. We weren't getting fuel thru mechanical pump so we replaced it. Even after replacement engine will not start. Fuel gets to injection pump. Checking main connector to injection pump.. The 2 top pins one has power one is ground. It doesn't seem that the fuel solenoid is kicking in to allow fuel flow thru injection pump. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Wiring diagram? The injection pump is electric not vacuum controlled.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
Is this the commonrail QSB engine with the 1 piece rocker cover, or the version with 4 individual rocker covers?

If it is the 4 valve cover version, it uses the VP30 injection system, whereas the other is a HPCR injection system.

I'm certain yours is a Commonrail

If you have an Engine Serial Number (ESN) you can register a free account on Quickserve and get the wiring diagrams for your particular ESN.

To register an account, go here: Cummins QuickServe Online

Mark.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
txastuff79

Member`s Gallery
No common rail. It has 4 separate valve covers.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
Mark Nixon

Member`s Gallery
Is it called the QSB-110C on the data plate? CPL8653?
I have one and I am no good at troubleshooting the VP system on it.
I can fire a commonrail on the ground, but the VP on this has made me scratch my head and walk away many times.

That particular version uses an ECM that reads cam signal only, much like the single sensor 2001-2002 Dodge VP44 system does, but the ECM has 2 wiring plugs, which makes tracing circuits more difficult.

Try Quickserve, if you can read schematics, it'll certainly help you out.

Mark.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
txastuff79

Member`s Gallery
That's exactly it. From. What I have found searching the Internet which didn't come up with much.... It has a vp30 pump since its a 4 cyl. I wish I had a wiring schematic and best of would be a scan tool to plug into the harness at the 9 pin diagnostic port. At this point, the wiring schematic would help me more.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
Mark Nixon

Member`s Gallery
REGISTER FOR QUICKSERVE!!!

If you're working with the QSB110-C, you need the diagram from this link, but you need to be registered and logged into Quickserve to see it.
I still would use your ESN to verify that this is the CORRECT diagram, as mine is actually a 2006 model and this may still be the wrong diagram.

Cummins QuickServe Online | COLA

Mark.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
txastuff79

Member`s Gallery
4.5 l no start

Thank you. I'll get my notes out of my service truck when I get home. Gotta love electronics.

Closed Thread