Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
1997 calf

Name: 1997 calf
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Angry 47re troubles with goerend parts

I am wondering if anyone can help me out on this one. I have a 1997 dodge with the 47Re. I recently had the trans rebuild by a friend of mind who has worked as Dodge trans tech for 10 years. I purchaced the Goerend valve-body, and single disc billet converter. The trans worked good for the first 4k but now it's starting to act up. If I am towing with it and am heavy on the throttle, and manually turn the over-drive off it will not go back into lock-up after doing so. The first time this happened I shut the truck off and it re-set and worked fine. It happened today again and now I can't get it into lock-up in third, or forth. I have the resistor in lline with the E.C.U, and the brake switch is working properly. Unfourtunatly I don't have access to a scaner @ this time so I can't read the temperatures, or pressure. I have pulled the pan and didn't see any large chunks, just minimal fillings in the bottom of the pan. The fluid is not burnt either. I also have put on a new TPS so that's out of the picture. Any insight would be great. Thks in advance

Old 08-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
NEsmoker

Name: NEsmoker
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Mabey try throwing a new tcc selenoid in, one of the 2 under the filter. But i would call dave in the mourning and talk with him. He will help you out.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
I would say your going to limp, did you put the jumper on the trans relay?
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
1997 calf

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEsmoker View Post
Mabey try throwing a new tcc selenoid in, one of the 2 under the filter. But i would call dave in the mourning and talk with him. He will help you out.
Yeah I have talked with him and we are trying to daignose it but it now works again. Same thing pulled out to pass today and lock-up started working again. Of-course now I can't get it to act up again. Dave has been good I'm just woderring if anybody else had this trouble. I think I am going to change the tcc solenoid. Thanks for the help, and that's a nice looking truck you have.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
1997 calf

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
I would say your going to limp, did you put the jumper on the trans relay?
I checked with a scanner and it's not in limp. I do have the resistor on the TCM. This thing is driving me to drink today I pulled out to pass and pulled some rpm, and the lock-up started working again. I can't get it to not work now. I have been working with Dave @ Goerend on this problem but I am just wondering if anybody else has had this same trouble. Thks for your reply and do you have any more pics of you truck. Looks pretty mean.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
soulezoo

Name: soulezoo
Title: diesel uber alles
Member`s Gallery
I can't help your situation, but talking to Dave in the past, this is why he doesn't like to send out parts for others to install. This is not an indictment of the installer, but when Dave sends out a tranny, then he knows it works properly and no guessing about who did what.
"The Punisher" 2004 3500 QCSB Laramie 4x4, CA emissions 235hp engine: Peak Diesel Performance BB twins, otherwise pretty stock...special thanks to Harry and Piers at Peak Diesel Performance... 11.89 @ 119.2mph... 900.84/1689.76 on #2 @ Left Coast Diesel 8/21/09.

Closed Thread