Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 02:42 AM   #1
Rustin

Name: Rustin
Title: Let the Beatings Begin!
Member`s Gallery
Redding Drag strip.

OK I don't have any facts what so ever, but I'm looking into it. The scuttlebutt is that the Redding RaceWay could be closed or hopefully moved. I like the sound of a new track.
I digress, here is a bit of info to set things up. IASCO's redding division was about to be moved, but it was purchased by a group to keep the flight training school in Redding. This is a flight school for Chinese students to learn to fly, and then go back home to China. For more information here is the link from reddding.com "Group of Redding business people purchase IASCO flight school"

Now what does this have to do with the Redding Drag strip?

The problem for IASCO is that Redding Airport has stated that the landing and takeoffs from the students is causing some air traffic issues. To get to the point Redding needs another runway. They are looking at the Redding Drag strip to be that secondary runway. Redding is considered "The oldest running NHRA track in the world." So this makes no sense to me. My City makes no sense to me sometime, just like putting palm trees down the middle of Hiiltop Dr.

I will try to learn more when I can.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:28 AM   #2
meatball

Name: meatball
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Keep posted I'll gladly sign a petition ! I'm pretty sure nut tree in Vacaville does flight school , if you have a voice in the matter, mention that . Nothing goes on here except for ghettoness and "bro's " starting bar fights . I would hate to see redding closed down .

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sw0jno
kerma tunes, dlc 764 nozzles, lowered on koni coilovers ....

Closed Thread