Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #61
COMP461

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCzerak View Post
Well, I trap 108.6 in the 1/4. it's not an fbody.... what ever the case, the formula states I'll out run Greggy poo's bug! hahahahahahhaah

Need more gear or rpm tho. It's interesting to know that in theory, I can top out from a dead big with in a mile. dang.

How long are the average slow down areas for these cars? 2 miles? 3?
the runway is 10,000 feet , so that's less then a mile to shut down. and its a lot shorter then you think. I went 167 in Project X 2 years ago, and the shut down was ok, you can't stand on the breaks or you will wind up on the roof

Project X beetle went 131, 132 on fuel , and the last pass was a rookie pass with my high school age niece at the wheel.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #62
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461 View Post
the runway is 10,000 feet , so that's less then a mile to shut down. and its a lot shorter then you think. I went 167 in Project X 2 years ago, and the shut down was ok, you can't stand on the breaks or you will wind up on the roof

Project X beetle went 131, 132 on fuel , and the last pass was a rookie pass with my high school age niece at the wheel.
I'm a wee bit faster now Greggy poo

Old 12-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #63
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
That great , that you think you are ready to compete with me . , I can’t wait for you to come on out next time. We need more Diesels at the Texas mile.
I think that NADM was going to look at a set of records , maybe they still will
I still have the record for a diesel truck at the Texas Mile and made the fastest pass ever in a truck at ECTA attempting to set the AA/UDT record at Maxton of 166.88
The last pass on the Beetle has a GPS top of 144 mph and before the we nipped a piston . not a big deal, some people don't make enough power to do this. If you not breaking parts your not breaking records

I’ll make you a bet , you show up at the Texas Mile , and I’ll match you time slip to time slip against the Project X the Beetle .
If you out run me , ill put in in my signature that you are the man, if not then you do the same .
Time to put up of shut up,

Old 12-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #64
JasonCzerak

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
That great , that you think you are ready to compete with me . , I can’t wait for you to come on out next time. We need more Diesels at the Texas mile.
I think that NADM was going to look at a set of records , maybe they still will
I still have the record for a diesel truck at the Texas Mile and made the fastest pass ever in a truck at ECTA attempting to set the AA/UDT record at Maxton of 166.88
The last pass on the Beetle has a GPS top of 144 mph and before the we nipped a piston . not a big deal, some people don't make enough power to do this. If you not breaking parts your not breaking records

I’ll make you a bet , you show up at the Texas Mile , and I’ll match you time slip to time slip against the Project X the Beetle .
If you out run me , ill put in in my signature that you are the man, if not then you do the same .
Time to put up of shut up,

Click the image to open in full size.

Greg. pipe down. I'm not going to change my gearing or anything on my daily driver just to go run your flower sporting beetle.

Now, if you had a daily driver diesel, you might understand.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #65
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Greg. pipe down. I'm not going to change my gearing or anything on my daily driver just to go run your flower sporting beetle.

Now, if you had a daily driver diesel, you might understand.
no you said that you could out run me , what is it ,

you didn't said you could if!!! , you said you could .

if Pigs had wings they could fly.

I've been there , I built and ran a truck there , and went 167 mph, that a proven fact, and I built and ran a Beetle there and ran 132 mph,

so you just want to say you could , but

what a copout .

don't open you mouth again , if your not intending on backing it up.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #66
JasonCzerak

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
no you said that you could out run me , what is it ,

you didn't said you could if!!! , you said you could .

if Pigs had wings they could fly.

I've been there , I built and ran a truck there , and went 167 mph, that a proven fact, and I built and ran a Beetle there and ran 132 mph,

so you just want to say you could , but

what a copout .

don't open you mouth again , if your not intending on backing it up.
Greg, if you bothered to comprehend my post that I wrote months ago, you'd realize that I did say in theory. I'm gear and tire limited. That's not going to change. My truck will run a 1/4 faster then your beetle, it will hit 130 faster. It won't go much faster then 130 unless someone finds a few extra RPM's for me and that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #67
oldpoopie

Name: oldpoopie
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Wait wait..... Nip a piston? How in the hell did you do that? I've run my motor out to 6000rpm and have never "Nipped" a piston..

Old 12-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #68
JasonCzerak

Member`s Gallery
And I totally do not agree on GPS being a good measurement for speed at acceleration. not anything "free" for the iPhone and not anything cheap for the phone or hardware. I've see hills changes the "speed" on the GPS while the cruise control remains dead on for starters.

Gear, rpm and tire diameter. low profile tires will not "expand" enough to make much of a difference in speed..

Old 12-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #69
PSDPlayer

Name: PSDPlayer
Title: Captain Negativity!
Member`s Gallery
So if my pioneer gps told me that my crew cab long bed dually was running 133 on a flat surface, I can't trust that?

Old 12-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #70
JasonCzerak

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
So if my pioneer gps told me that my crew cab long bed dually was running 133 on a flat surface, I can't trust that?
I would hope so.....

I would just take consumer GPS speed data with a large grain of salt.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #71
Mooring Product

Name: Mooring Product
Title: I just don't care
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I would hope so.....

I would just take consumer GPS speed data with a large grain of salt.
My 138mph GPS speed matched the traffic calmer and the Z06 speedo on the way over the 7 mile bridge headed to Key West about a month ago in my truck.

2012 3500 Mega Dually Laramie loaded 3:73

Speed never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you. Jeremy Clarkson.

[url]www.mooringproductsworldwide.com[url]

Old 12-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #72
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
And I totally do not agree on GPS being a good measurement for speed at acceleration. not anything "free" for the iPhone and not anything cheap for the phone or hardware. I've see hills changes the "speed" on the GPS while the cruise control remains dead on for starters.

Gear, rpm and tire diameter. low profile tires will not "expand" enough to make much of a difference in speed..
the GPS data was at the 3/4 mile mark, the speed record came from the offical Texas Mile Traps , the result was that it slowed down from the 3/4 mile mark once the engine started hurting it self,

Last edited by COMP461; 12-07-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #73
SINNER

Name: SINNER
Title: BallSoHard U
Member`s Gallery
Even a $50 GPS is inherently more accurate than ANY dash mounted speedo. The GPS in my Motorola phone is within 2mph. of my 11k Furuno boat system 99% of the time. Cost has no affect on the GPS system, it either locks on or it does not. Minimal performance difference between a play system and a pro system, just reliability.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #74
oldpoopie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
the GPS data was at the 3/4 mile mark, the speed record came from the offical Texas Mile Traps , the result was that it slowed down from the 3/4 mile mark once the engine started hurting it self,

Why has it taken this long for you to come out and say that you had engine damage????? What exactly happened? Why no public pics of it all?

Old 12-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #75
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
we are getting ready to get on the dyno, I am confident that 400 hp is well with in the real of possibility . I have been working on a lower gear for drag racing , a 4.57 , this will match the engines power band better , and put the engine at the red line at around 115 mph .

The Texas mile is coming up in 14 weeks , hope some of the people that are always running they yaps about how easy this is will be there , I will as well.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #76
oldpoopie

Member`s Gallery
Hows that getting ready going for you? Still dont want to fully disclose what happened to that motor do you?

Old 12-26-2009, 02:25 AM   #77
oldpoopie

Member`s Gallery

Closed Thread