New today

Billy b

Good afternoon. This is my first post. I have a 98 dodge 2500, Cummins. I tow drag cars and drag bikes around the southeast with it. I am the second owner and when I bought it, the odometer/speedometer wires in the rear end had been chewed in half by something but it was at 469k on the clock then. Lol. No telling how many miles it really has. I developed a nasty drivers side oil leak so I researched and bought a billet tapper cover. I’m trying to install now and that front cover for the p pump is being difficult. It’s looking like I will have to pull the clutch fan sheave, maybe more to get that cover off. I joined this site to hopefully get a little info on doing things like this/. Thanks for the add!!!

Make sure you pin the pump. Unscrew the oil fill tube and you should be able to gain access to the pump gear and nut. Shouldn't have to pull the cover off. Just make sure you don't drop the nut and washer down inside. If you want to do the killer dowel pin then you could take the cover off. Also make sure to use a new lock washer on when you tighten the pump gear back on.

Back