70.5 Camaro Tube Chassis Dmax

bab47323-da15-46a4-8787-f6e71b0df635_1.06a65774938dccf15a2265586c02a7d6_zps79p4zhl0.jpeg

Last edited:
Think russ said the wagler block engine is going in the nova? And a different billet block engine is going in the camaro? Or maybe I'm remembering that backwards?

The Nova is getting the billet 510ci DX500 from Wagler. The Camaro has had a billet block made by LSM for a while now, but does have a set of Wagler billet raised runner heads on it. The Nova has the CNC'd Wagler heads (non raised runner)

Wagler Nova block in the middle, Camaro LSM block on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_1575.jpg
    IMG_1575.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1572.JPG
    IMG_1572.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have a block in my pants after looking at all of that.

Careful, around here that's what we call 'raising the bar'; With the wood and all.

I've have a suspicious feeling that Wagler stuff is going to be expensive for the non-Duramax racers.

Hey Russ, what is the stroke of the the 510 and what is your target RPM??

Last edited:
Careful, around here that's what we call 'raising the bar'; With the wood and all.

I've have a suspicious feeling that Wagler stuff is going to be expensive for the non-Duramax racers.

Hey Russ, what is the stroke of the the 510 and what is your target RPM??

4.375 stroke on the Nova, keeping it at 5k RPM or so. The Camaro will be the 7k RPM screamer with std stroke

What's so expensive about sprint cars? For example...?

Going through the motor every 10-15 events (if it lasts that long), tires every other event, or every event if running asphalt, methanol about 30-35gal/night, oil/filter/gear oil, plugs every event. Oh..., and broken parts..., can't forget about broken parts. Seems like at least once every event somebody is playing tag. Parts add up quick, real quick.

Back