Anybody run ironman tires

cerickson

fullpull108
Looking at tires for the wifes truck. Was looking for some feedback on ironman all country mts. Going up in size to 285 on the wifes truck. Buddy runs them on his truck and hauls heavy 85% of the time. He says hes had no problems with them.

He also gets about 40k on them pulling heavy. Figured I would ask others their opinion on these cheaper tires. Figure some of the farmers or ranchers would have some input. Are they any good? Truck only gets about 6k miles put on it a year now I got my truck.

Ironman Tires

Another question. I'm basically tire dumb. What's the difference between a 285 and 295. With 295 would I have to do trimming to the front for tight turning?

Another question. I'm basically tire dumb. What's the difference between a 285 and 295. With 295 would I have to do trimming to the front for tight turning?

285/295 is the width in millimeters. Trimming would depend on the offset of the wheel.

I used them for a while. They worked pretty well in the rocks, mud and trails, although they have a weak sidewall. I bought them because I got a good deal from 4wheelonline.

I feel they are cheap and they are something to get if funds are tight. I agree they are noisy and tread life leaves a lot to be desired. I would personally buy a good used set of quality tires instead of buying those new.

Tire dealers say that the iMove is the most popular tire in Ironman's lineup. It is way cheaper than other high-performance tires but the downside to the iMove is the appalling tread wear.

Well pulled the trigger and went with the ironman tires. Had to wait 3 weeks for my rear spacers before I could drive it. They are noisy as heck. Dont bother me but the wifes not a fan.

Problem I'm having is now the truck crap. Almost like you have to heard it down the road. Had the same thing happen when I went with general grabber atx on my 08. Really wanders going down the road. Is this due to soft sidewalls? Both our trucks had firestone transforce tires on them before changing to the new ones.

Is there something to look at or do to cure the wandering trucks? Any and all help appreciated

Last edited:
The wondering could be from anything, steering box, tie rods, ball joints, or steering stabilizer. I'm fighting the same thing but my box and ball joint look like they've never been replaced. And test bigger tires will make it wonder to the point where everyone of your steering components need to be in great shape which is why people usually upgrade in the hopes they will last longer. You just have to make sure you get the right stuff.

Back