Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Introductions.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introductions. Take a moment to Introduce yourself here. Tell us about yourself and your rig!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
rcr1978

Name: rcr1978
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Intro

I've been creepn here off and for a long time from a occasional link ect, per my join date

Tired of seeing this finally

Hello rcr1978,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together forums now!

Well not a whole lot to share other than putting a Duramax motor together after 2 years down with a crack piston.
Callies billet narrowed crank, Wagler billet rods, girdle, studs everywhere, ported heads, Mahle race cast pistons and Stage 1 cam for street-ability/towing. Small twins Stock LB7/475, Exergy 100% SAC injectors, Dual, Cp3's, Profab manifolds/upipes. Assembly myself.

Robert

Last edited by rcr1978; 07-07-2017 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Added name

Old 07-07-2017, 06:54 PM   #2
Mooner1

Name: Mooner1
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Welcome to CompD active duty!

Old 07-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #3
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Member`s Gallery
That build sounds serious, welcome I guess, even though you've been here longer than me.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:06 PM   #4
Blueboy

Name: Blueboy
Member`s Gallery
Welcome to CompD from NY.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #5
rcr1978

Member`s Gallery
Haha thanks for the welcomes, not to serious still have cast pistons and limited by the 475 but it's going to be useable and going to get worked pretty hard. Thought about Diamonds new steel inserted forged pistons but not enough feedback about them and they were double the cost.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:30 PM   #6
Big Boy Toys

Name: Big Boy Toys
Member`s Gallery
Welcome! Don't be afraid to start a "build" thread, we here at CompD love pictures!

Old 07-08-2017, 08:17 AM   #7
rcr1978

Member`s Gallery
Perfect I will, got a few of the old cracked piston I will post to. Failure was iniated from a leaky cup it let coolant seap into one cylinder, truck had the common hard radiator hose after sitting for days, and the low coolant light would come one about once a year. The truck did not get drove often so the coolant would sit in that cylinder for a while, the piston has some erosion on it to. I found it one day after starting it in the garage when coolant dripped on the floor coming from the down pipe, looked around and it was coming out were the exhaust slipped together. Pulled all the glow plugs and spun it over to find the wet cylinder and it was #6, even the glow plug was wet with coolant. Took a chance and resealed the cup for the injector, should have done them all but only did the one. It stopped using coolant for 5 years then I was whippin it pretty good on the way home and heard a "metallic pink" noise let out of it and coasted to a stop sign just down the road from my house. When I gave it a little fuel to get moving again I felt the miss and saw the white smoke from the dead hole, limped it 1/4 mile to the house, pulled the oil fill cap, and it was a dead give away what had happen. Checked balance rates, found the dead hole , and did a compression test after that put it away in the shop until I felt like spending the cash to fix it. Would worked on it sooner but I was recouping from the shop build cost.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:13 PM   #8
TheBac

Name: TheBac
Title: UPS guy
Member`s Gallery
You arent going to last long here.

2017 Buick Regal 2.0T -- the DD

Old 08-01-2017, 09:40 PM   #9
TheBac

Name: TheBac
Title: UPS guy
Member`s Gallery
Sorry, rcr.....my previous post was to a jerk spamming the site to get his 10 posts, not you. The mods must've erased all his posts.

Welcome.

2017 Buick Regal 2.0T -- the DD

Old 08-11-2017, 09:06 AM   #10
rcr1978

Member`s Gallery
**** I missed it Thanks

Closed Thread