CAC pressure test setup (for all gens)

JasonCzerak

This was specifically for a 3rd gen since on the stock turbo location, things are so tight. but will work well for a 2nd or a 1st gen.

The part is a 4" OD PVC end cap. standard air compressor adapter. and some sort of sealant. In my case it's some high pressure thread lube/sealant for gas lines that my GF's dad gave to me in a bucket of flammable/non-flammable liquids.

Also, on a 3rd gen only, you should consider some sort of "catch" or barrier between the cap and oil filter. I've dented one good enough that you'd want to replace it :) Think "safer barrier" small rectangle box with some paper towels stuffed in it should absorb the PVC popping off.

The rubber piece between the turbo and PVC is from my AFE Stage II kit that I used for the air filter. The problem with this is it doesn't hold the PVC in place well over 25psi (hence my knowledge of a dented oil filter.).

Getting the air compressor fitting in. I just drilled, but didn't tap the hole. Since it's plastic, the fitting did the tapping :).. smeared sealant all around and let sit for 24 hours.

I've checked mine and finally solved my air leaks up to 25psi. We'll see later today if the gauge shakes at 50psi. If you wanna pressure test more then 25psi. figure out a way to strap that pvc in place around the turbo.

Attachments

• 000_1640.jpg
    000_1640.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 000_1641.jpg
    000_1641.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 000_1642.jpg
    000_1642.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 8
Back