Manual Shift Automatics

Hammer Down

Hey Fellas, i was wondering how many people are running manual shift Automatics, and how they like them, i appreciate all the input, thanks

Cody

Works fine. Its almost half as good as just having a manual tranny and clutch. :) LOL Unless your drag rcing then the manual valved auto wins. :)

BLACK OUT said:
Why not just put in an agressive TC and valve body? As much as you'd have to change and upgrade
The first reason for me is that I have to drop the tranny pan every time I want to tweak a line pressure setting that's screwed up again. I'd rather just be in control and be done with it if it's a true race application.

mine is not a complete manual but will stay in a lower gear till I select the next one. manual valve body's usually will carry a little more pressure to the clutch packs

I run a full manual VB in my little truck.

Whatever gear I tell it, it does.

What questions do you have?

I got a reverse manual valve body setting on the shelf here from A and A transmissions, was having torque converter problems and pulled it and converter out have not had problems sence, going to have to put the valve body back in one of these days. it shifted hard enough to break the input shaft on the third pass

I ran a Hughes foward-pattern in my stock 727. I liked it enough to order a manual valve body on my Suncoast. I'll see how that works out.

I think that for anything that isn't towing a manual valve body in addition to an aftermarket ratchet shifter is a great modification. It really changes the feel of the vehicle, but I like it.

IIRC it's a DTT by JTT. I can't remember who JTT stands for, but it's a dealer in Texas somewhere. ;)

BLACK OUT said:
Who built your set up?

JoeFarmer is right.

The tranny has DTT parts and was built by James Northum in Midlothian Texas.

Jame's shop name is JTT. He's been in the tranny business for 30 years and is an old MOPAR nut. So he has a pretty good understanding of the workings of the 727 tranny and its derivitives.

Whooo. That sounds like an infomercial. Oh well. He's a good guy and deserves a little pat on the back now and then.

~Wes~

I've had a manual valve body in mine for almost 3 yrs now.Love it and hasn't skipped a beat even driving it on the street.It'll bark second and spin all the way into third.Best investment i've did to the truck.

smokinram2001 said:
I've had a manual valve body in mine for almost 3 yrs now.Love it and hasn't skipped a beat even driving it on the street.It'll bark second and spin all the way into third.Best investment i've did to the truck.
There's a review I like!! Thanks!!

Back