Adding 2 Stroke Oil at fill ups.....Yes or No???

Big Swole

MegaInterceptor
Would you or Do you add 2 stroke oil to your diesel for lubricity??????

I've done it once and noticed a quieter engine.......

On a CR, is there going to be any problems down the road??????????

Any thoughts???????????????????

I would not do it myself.

There are pleanty of FORMULATED additives out there that will increase lubricity plus give you a cetane boost.

Although it might add some lubricity, there are few other benefits to be had. Plus, if it "quieted" your engine, then chances are you retarded the timing slightly by burning something with a higher flashpoint.

I use 30wt motor oil for the past 30,000 miles with no issues. 1/2 qt per tank, every other tank full or every fillup. your choice. got the sticks out yesterday and no deposits. much cheaper than additives and 2 cycle oil.$.02

sootman said:
I use 30wt motor oil for the past 30,000 miles with no issues. 1/2 qt per tank, every other tank full or every fillup. your choice. got the sticks out yesterday and no deposits. much cheaper than additives and 2 cycle oil.$.02

Thanks dude.....Your right about the price......I might just try that soon..

BgBlDodge said:
I've run it before and didn't notice any difference at all so I just quit running it.

The 2 cycle or 30wt? My fuel mileage goes down alot when I don't add a lubricant.

2 cycle. Never played with 30wt. The best stuff I've ever used has been either lucas (+1mpg hand calculated) or some stuff my buddy gets me. I can notice a definate difference when I use the stuff my buddy gets me. Truck is definately peppier but it doesn't do much for my mileage. Lucas is the best stuff for my mileage.

Back