Silencer ring removal?

PTSUPERD

^^ Rockin the Fez!
I'm trying to help a buddy with an 03. Can tell me how to remove the silencer ring for the turbo?

Take the intake tube off, and pry out the ring holding it in with a small flathead. The silencer ring will all but fall out.

Cool. What is the function of the perforated cross piece in the intake tube?

Hope it wasnt too important...we just cut it out.LOL

Any tricks to removing the retainer ring itself? (that holds in the silsncer)

My buddy is having a hard time with it.:bang

A really small flat screwdriver or a set of picks will usually do it. You have to get behind the ring and work it up (out of the groove) and out.

I know this thread has been dead for a while, but was wondering about the directions mentioned.. will this also work for the 2006 model dodge 3500. My dad has one and he is wanting to do the same to his truck..

Thanks,

Ray

PTSUPERD said:
Any tricks to removing the retainer ring itself? (that holds in the silsncer)

My buddy is having a hard time with it.:bang

Two small, pocket style, flat screwdrivers works for me and it takes about 5 seconds....after you have done a few.

DieselMissy04 said:
I didn't hear any difference after i took mine out. but then again, that could be my exhaust's fault.

You won't hear any difference with a stock filter in. A K&N will make it whistle, but who wants one of those? *bdh* Take your filter out for a drive around the block and see what it sounds like....on a paved road of course.

Back