Not IF its WHEN & HOW BAD haha....

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Well Had a hook last night tryn to get my fuel dialed in. Ended up 2nd hook but they reset the sled so that put me first. After that run i realized that my fuel chart was backwards.... :bang so after a little adjustment went back and hooked again, last hook of the night. Ran strong, kinda sandy track and it started blowing the tires loose about 100 ft out. My pyro was at 1800 so Im gonna leave my fuel alone for now. Anyways got stopped at the end of my run, thought I backed up and unhooked, cant remember... (Adreniline) sp?
Well Went to put it back in gear to take off, wouldnt go... :doh: in any of em.
So I shut her down still wouldnt go. Started it back up, shifter in neutral, and let out on the clutch, started to pull.... I said uh oh.... I think I welded my trans up.... She did pull herself up on the trailer under her own power though...:rockwoot: So Im gonna pull it out in a bit and see just how bad it is. Ill post pics...lol Anyone got a cheap NV4500 2wd trans?

Lynn

I've been down the road with a bad NV before Lynn. Did you pull the PTO covers off and look in to see anything?

Well Im fixn to get her into the shop as soon as i get some help...lol Its a two person job to start her with a bad block heater.... :bang

That is a bummer let me know if I need to help find any parts.

Dale

And thanks Dale ill let yall know what i find out.

Lynn

Oh man you telling me she is hooked on the crack can :hehe: Just giving you a little grief. I just tried to move my dually by myself and managed to drag it in front of the barn. Now both calipers are stuck and without the motor weight to help them brake free its a pain.:bang If I still have that water heater that fits into the radiator hose I'll pm you and you can have it if you want. It worked awesome when i ran it on my old First gen engine.

Oh man you telling me she is hooked on the crack can :hehe: Just giving you a little grief. I just tried to move my dually by myself and managed to drag it in front of the barn. Now both calipers are stuck and without the motor weight to help them brake free its a pain.:bang If I still have that water heater that fits into the radiator hose I'll pm you and you can have it if you want. It worked awesome when i ran it on my old First gen engine.

Yeah Shaved pistons and a .020 over HG dosnt do any good either. But if she has a little heat she dont need any.
If you can find it it would be great andy. Id appreciate it.

Lynn

get a big heat gun and blow the hot air in the intake.I have seen some of the big pro tractors blow hot air in the intake with a torch I thought they were nuts then it started up with out eather.

Dale

Well it wasnt as bad as i thought. Took the top off the trans and learned it was stuck in 5th....:bang and the slider that moves it from reverse to 5th was wore out. so its not gonna be a bad fix thankfully.

Lynn

Back