A section just for build threads?

The problem is convincing people to start their build threads in the Dedicated Section. I don't mind add it them at all, but where do I add it? we have such a diverse group of users it's hard to find a place for all brands?

Maybe rename the "Diesel Conversions" board to "Diesel Builds", since all of the threads there are already build threads?

The "Diesel Conversions" Area are meant for the transplants not really a "Build" thread. But I can see why you say that.

If I'm understanding what you guys are wanting you want an area just for builds? So what Constitutes in your mind as a "Build"? A P Pump conversion? A 4BT swap? Putting a Detroit in a Pinto? Or maybe restoring a VP truck? Everyone's idea is different.

I agree a build section would be good. Just where do we put it?

Sent from the Motorola Bag Phone

I'm pretty sure putting in some floor mats and putting a sticker on your windshield qualifies as "built" these days so....

Could change it to diesel conversion builds. That would cover fummins rat rods etc. Then add street truck builds for people like me that build something to use and play. Then we could add competiton truck builds for sled puller drag race guys etc that compete in organized events.

I think all of those would count. From mild to wild, it's fun and informative to read about what other enthusiasts are doing. If somebody wants to share their vehicle's story as it progresses, that counts as a build. Whether it replaced the conversion board or not, I think the best place would be the general tech section.

Thank you for giving the idea some consideration.

The "Diesel Conversions" Area are meant for the transplants not really a "Build" thread. But I can see why you say that.

If I'm understanding what you guys are wanting you want an area just for builds? So what Constitutes in your mind as a "Build"? A P Pump conversion? A 4BT swap? Putting a Detroit in a Pinto? Or maybe restoring a VP truck? Everyone's idea is different.

I agree a build section would be good. Just where do we put it?

Sent from the Motorola Bag Phone

I agree leave the conversions to actual diesel conversions.

I say locate it to the "The Starting Line" section. Remove the "EFI Tune Library" and replace with a section titled "Member Builds". The EFI tune library can be moved to the "EFI tuning discussion area" as a sub forum or category.$.02

Back