EFILive Diesel Training Books

StarLite Diesel

EFILive Cummins Tester
Hello everyone!

I have finally got some extra books that are used in my training classes that I have for sale now. The printer messed up on the books just before my latest couple of classes, but fixed them for me so I have plenty of extras for sale now!

These books come in 2 varieties:

The "Basics" book - which covers building a tune for a Duramax and a Cummins 5.9 - from the ground up - including terminology used in the software. Very informative books that I have been thanks for many times by customers who attended the classes and referred back to them later.

The "Complete" Training guide set includes the Basics book, and an Advanced reference guide which is used to build on top of the Basics book. This book covers additional information in Duramax and Cummins tuning.

Each book comes with a CD that has additional documentation, sample tunes, etc. Tons of information poured into this set of books and accompanying CD.

It is very important to me that you know that these books were written as part of the classes, and have a ton of good information in them - but they were written as a supplement to the classes. Everything in the books is covered in the classes, as well as alot more. There ARE sections of the book that refer to "being in the class" - however they are simply break points for the class as we work our way through.

It is also important to note that the course content has A LOT more information than what are in these books. While they cover alot, they are only a piece of what the classes cover.

As a bonus to anyone who is considering purchasing a V2, the books will be DISCOUNTED. As an added bonus, anyone who purchases the books now and decides they still want to attend a future class - will receive a discount off the cost of that class (and be provided with a NEW and up to date version of the book at that class).

Please contact me with any questions! Want everyone to be happy with their purchase here. Lots of information that will get anyone jump started on doing some basic stuff with their EFILive V2.

Basics book can be purchased here: Basics Book
"Complete" book set can be purchased here: Advanced book set

Again, please let me know any questions! If you are considering purchasing a V2 and getting into tuning, these books are an EXCELLENT way to get up to speed!

These books are extremely helpful and well laid out. I would recommend these to anyone who is trying to get started tuning with efi live. Zach did an amazing job with these

Also wanted to add I only have about 10 sets of the 'complete' books, the rest are just basics books - So if you want to order - the 'complete' sets are in very limited quantities...

I'm not sure which 'event' you mean....? I do have classes planned here in Salt Lake again in May at Industrial Injection - but as of now I don't have anything planned down there (don't have any shops i'm aligned with down there). If you have suggestions, i'm open to them! :)

Thanks!

I have the 6.7 cummins , would the 5.9 tuning info relate enough to the 6.7 to make it worth it for me?

Last edited:
I have the 6.7 cummins , would the 5.9 tuning info relate enough to the 6.7 to make it worth it to me?

If you get the full set - then absolutely yes. If you get just the basics book - then you will have a decent foundation, but things such as how the turbos work (totally different 5.9 to 6.7 - just like on Duramax going LB7 to LLY and newer)... there are some curves.

Also, please keep in mind the 6.7 stuff is evolving.... a work in progress. The books ARE current with the latest "Release Candidate 8" software - however that doesn't mean that there won't be additional parameters available in a month, 2 months, etc... The 5.9 stuff is relatively settled, as is most of the Duramax stuff - but the 6.7 stuff there was only "so much" i could get into the books 3 weeks ago before my training classes started. I'm happy to report that that information is still current.... But it could change (be added to) at any point.

The biggest and most important factors (timing, fuel pressure, pulse width, etc.) are covered in some fashion on the 6.7 stuff and translate fairly easily into the 6.7 world...

Let me know if you have extra questions!

A common question i've gotten so far....

"What's the difference between the advanced book in the 'complete' set and just the basics book"

The answer is that the advanced book is much more of a reference than the basics book. The basics book really is a tutorial - walking you through the steps of using the software and understanding many of its components, as well as how to build a Duramax and a Cummins tune (LLY & 5.9). The tunes are built for a stock truck. The advanced book ADDS to this learned information by showing you the equivalanet tables to use in all versions of the Duramax (LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM) and the current support for Cummins (5.9s and 6.7s). The books ARE current to the "Release Candidate 8" software currently available from EFILive.

However, there are some things that are NOT in the books - such as how to update the firmware for Release Candidate 8. So, on the CDs you receive with the books, you will get further documentation that explains step by step how to complete some of these things, as well as many additional questions I get asked by customers....

There is a lot of information available between the books and the other information on the CDs.

Let me know if there are other questions! This is the one i've been emailed about the most today.

WOW! Yesterday was plenty busy with this. Didn't anticipate this much interest right off the bat so very excited about this!

On that note - there are now less than 10 sets of the "complete" books left (both a basics and advanced book included in this set).

I do have plenty of just the basics book here though! That is the book that was printed incorrectly initially, and then fixed which is why I ended up with so many extras overall...

Again, any questions please let me know!

4 Sets of the "complete" books left (complete = Basics + Advanced)

After that it will only be basics books left until my next batch get printed in about 6 weeks...

Be sure to let me know any questions if you are unsure before buying!

Ok Guys... I ran out of the Advanced books about 10 days ago and had more made - so they are shipping again if you want to order your 'complete' sets! I got lots of emails about not being able to order, and have tried to get back to those people - but just wanted everyone to know they are in stock and ready to go again if you were waiting!

Been receiving tons of positive feedback from these books as well. Everyone seems to be enjoying them. While they can't make anyone a professional overnight, i've been very impressed by much of hte feedback and tunes i've seen people make based off what they've learned in the books...

Thanks again to everyone! (especially for your patience!)

I haven't bumped this thread for a while, but have been getting emails about how many books I have left.

I had another 35 sets produced and these will be the last I get printed until after my slew of upcoming classes. I'll be making that announcement next week. 2 class dates to lock down between now and July and then the schedule will be announced.

Either way, plenty of books for those of you wanting a set! Any questions PM me or email me!

Thanks!

I replied to your E-mail Zach. I'll take an advanced set. Let me know how you want payment.

Just got my books today. Read through both of them tonight. Good job Zach. I know I will be going back to these when efi gets released for the sci trucks.

Back