2.6 Engine.. What engine oil???

08cumminssmoke

Still haven't decided on what engine oil to use for my 2.6 truck. I have can get as much rotella/delvac as I need and would be able to change it every 2 or so hooks or should I just bite the bullet and put schaeffer's in it?

What are your thoughts on it? What kinda oil are you running in your pull truck and how often are you changing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had a pulling truck I would run the stuff from walmart, and change it once a season. Sometimes, I would even strain it. Lol

Just kidding, I ran shaffers and had good luck.

Valvoline VR1 is another good one that is a little cheaper and usually easier to find locally.

Get something with lots of zinc, don't think you will find that in the cheap stuff. You could always add zinc I suppose.

We run Shaffer's not that expensive when your talking about the money invested its pennies on the dollar

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

What about amsoil? Not cheap but a guy locally runs it in his two monster truck and loves it.

Issue with a puller is fuel dilution. I picked up about 2% dilution per pass, so you were basically draining to get rid of the diesel. Hard to justify the cost of synthetic.

On the original engine in the puller, I ran amsoil with a bypass, and would run 10 hooks or more, never had an issue.

Thanks for all the input but I'll probably end up running rotella and find a good zinc additive since I can get as much as I want for free.

Dan, there still might be enough lucas in there that I might not have to worry about it lol

Anyone know a good additive to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucas Oil Engine Break-In Additive is zinc. I run one bottle per oil change in ours. Rotella

Back