Still waiting for my cam..............

So if Mr. Houge took trade-in core cams for a new grind shouldn't that be just like a paying customer? Does it really take 3 months to complete a cam?

Possibly, but how many other cam guys would do that? There are sides to every story, I am not taking any, just seems that we have a few regulars on compD that like to take whatever shots they can and show their :shake: at Hogue.

Pretty easy to never fail, if you just sit on the sidelines and never try.

I'm not trying to take any shots at Mr. Preston. I was just going off what the OP had said. When Mr. Preston chimed in, the story got sketchy.

Diesel Nut was watchin this thread like a hawk earlier. Once Greg posted he vanished. i always find that extremely odd as it always happens when we hear the other side of the story. Just so you know, Greenbacks will get your cam faster than cores!!

Yes, I traded cam cores for this cam. Yes Greg and I have done business in the past, alot. Like posted, trading cam cores or dollars, the cam was paid for. If it was going to take 6 months to get a cam, then that's what should have been said. The issue here is now I get a completely different story then what I have been told on the phone 3 weeks or so ago. Now its a core issue, not that the guy doing the grinding was on vacation for a month or that its been ground and shipped but never arrived............

If it takes a long time so be it, tell me and I then can decide to wait or not, but to blatantly lie to me about this, and stop communicating with me, is not acceptable.

The truth usually eases a sitution, or avoids one all together.

Seems to be less and less truth in diesel motorsports as of late.

Finally talked to greg. Cam is ground and being drilled and tapped for the cam gear bolt. Apparantly his core supplier wasn't shipping his cores or something, he didn't get them until recently. So, he appologized for the lack of communication and delay, and we got it all hashed out finally.

Hannibal+I+Love+It+When+a+Plan+Comes+Together+A-Team_small.gif

Im glad this was resolved. It is good when 2 people can get together and figure something out like men!

Back