to much fuel pressure?

TwinCummins02

Texas Diesel Runner
do yall think that 30psi is to much fuel pressur to be running through the vp44? my gauge will stay at 30psi at idle and drop to about 25psi at wot, anyone know

BD Auxuilary fuel pump can u regulate this pump down a bit ? i would think that is a bit much but im still learning bud

To much by half, about 13-15psi is all you want the VP 44 to see, more than that can cause internal leaks in the pump which shorten it's lifespan. Get either a plain jane regulator or a bypass/return regulator to reduce the pressure. A bypass/return type will lengthen the life of you aux fuel pump BTW.

I run 19 most of the time, I don't know how to bring it down. Mine seem to do fine with it. But 25-30 is a lot high.

With My set-up:

Stock Lift pump plus a Holley Blue Pusher down by the tank I run about 26 psi at Idle and at WOT it drops to about 15 psi. I have never had any problems for the past 2 years.

Except sometimes when the weather gets 95 - 100 degrees she don't want to fire right up when the engine is at operating Temp. it some times take 10 - 15 seconds of cranking till she fires. If I run 20 ozs Power services on every tank I never have any problem.

so 15 - 26 psi No Problems here. see my setup below.

Iv always heard to keep it around 20 at idle and dont let it get below 15 at WOT. Bluechips diesel said that the pump needs at least 5 psi at WOT to survive...mine will drop down to 6 at WOT:banghead:

i have been talking with the Bd guys and they are telling me that 30psi isnt bad i am running 15psi with the stock pump and 15psi with auxiliary pump, with that pump i wont drop but 5psi at wot, and i dont have any hard starts because the auxiliary pump has a oil pressure switch and doesnt start running untill the oil pressure builds up, so guess im ok there i hope

Back