2012 Ram 1500 12V Conversion

I feel like its been a long time since I've posted a thread here, but someone on the book face asked if I would post some sort of build thread here and here it is!

For the background story, I built the third gen 1500 8 years ago and I always thought it would be neat to revamp it with a fourth gen body. So around may I ended up buying this 2012 1500 that was sporting a Procharger along with a forged and rammed 5.7L hemi. According to the guy I bought it from this truck was actually owned by Procharger to build the fourth gen kits off of, it only has 78k miles.

So I pulled my drivetrain out and decided to sell the 3rd gen roller to a good friend of mine who will be putting it back together to race ODSS 7.70.

thumbnail_IMG_4126.jpg

Ended up keeping my wheels!
thumbnail_IMG_4445.jpg

Washing 8 years of grime of the old 12v
thumbnail_IMG_4545.jpg

Decided to go all out with Keating covers
thumbnail_IMG_4884.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4923.jpg

Front view Mounted

thumbnail_IMG_5063.jpg

Building the wiring harness
thumbnail_IMG_5210.jpg

Wiring harness getting loomed up! I spend a lot of timing on wiring because its one of my more favorite parts of the build, mostly because its one thing most people aren't the greatest at making look good,
thumbnail_IMG_5211.jpg

Gaining on the engine bay

thumbnail_IMG_5221.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5224.jpg

Trans is home built with goerend master kit, TCS input, DPC triple disk, FMVB ETC. We did it about 7.5 years ago. I'm not fixing what isn't broke! Went with the Derale cooler setup from Firepunk with their brackets. Also added the semi oil temp sensor to the trans pan so I could have a working trans temp gauge on the factory cluster.

thumbnail_IMG_5245.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5247.jpg

Last edited:
One of my customers is starting a custom fab business, so since he uses me for dirt work, and I built his shop pad. I figured I could be his first customer.
thumbnail_IMG_5332.jpg

Finished engine bay pics! I wanted to do something different than I have before so we went all black/billet/stainless under the hood. I think it turned out great. Let me know what you guys think of my work! Keep in mind I tried to stick to a budget build like I did 8 years ago when I couldn't afford much! All gauges including RPM gauge work!
thumbnail_IMG_5331.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5330.jpg

Ended up going with some black OEM projector head lights, and a regular cowl hood!
thumbnail_IMG_5324.jpg

Last edited:
Dam that is sharp, I really like it. How hard was it to get the factory gauges working? Assuming tach was the hardest?

badass..i could never get the elec part to work.....i can make it look good but making it work is different story...lol

That's sexy, and the blue one is sexy

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Haha thanks man! I race it in 6.70 index at the moment.

Dam that is sharp, I really like it. How hard was it to get the factory gauges working? Assuming tach was the hardest?

Tach is always the hardest, it works just fine until you rev it over 2k rpm cause it’s looking for a cam signal… so working on getting a binary guy to fix it.

I was hoping you would post up here. Slick work man
I figured I might as well!

So you're who Ken bought his halfton from.

You would be correct, that’s my old truck! I was only willing to sell it to him, if I hadn’t we were gonna hot saw it down the middle and hang it on the wall of the shop :hehe:

Thanks for stopping by and posting. That is a sweet looking build!
Thanks man!
badass..i could never get the elec part to work.....i can make it look good but making it work is different story...lol
Haha well that’s also the hard part
What rear end?
Factory 9.25ZF with a true trac
Very clean swap. The engine bay looks factory the way you laid it out. Nice work.
thanks man!

Looks sharp. Does the AC work LOL

It will, being as cold as it is outside I haven’t charged it yet! But will have AC and cruise control working as well!

Back