LLY trans issues

Cummins9912v

Hey guys got an 04.5 duramax. Truck is throwing a p0846 code and stuck in limp mode. Trans is on a fresh rebuild with suncoast converter, clutches, valve body. Put 2 nsbu switches in, I have traced wires to look for breaks, checked continuity in every plug, still nothing, even changed out tcm with another that I knew was good. I am stumped has anyone ever ran into this?

Last edited:
I think that's a pressure switch code. Drop the pan, check that along with the internal harness and the main plug at the tail housing.

I am the builder, every time I take the harness and unplug it, it gives me a different code. So it's starting to make me think it's the harness. But I also replaced it at the same time of rebuild

I've dropped the pan and cleaned everything, cleaned A&B pressure switch, put a new filter and fluid in and still goes into 2nd as soon as you drop it in drive. But also still has reverse

The guy has a stupid big tune on a stock trans and it finally bit the dust. He won a free converter of his choice from suncoast last year at UCC so it was going to come out anyway. And yeah I've cleaned the E selenoid a couple times but haven't replaced the valve body yet

I've only gotten lucky a handful of times cleaning the valve body multiple times. Usually just find another one and do your mods to it, put it in and go.

I am the builder, every time I take the harness and unplug it, it gives me a different code. So it's starting to make me think it's the harness. But I also replaced it at the same time of rebuild

I hope you didn't charge him anything.

When you listed the mods in your first post, sounded like you swapped in a SC valve body along with their clutches and converter.

It's valve body. You got dirt or debri in it. Any little thing will make a valve get hung up. Don't waste any more of your time chasing wiring or other controllers. If it didn't have the issue before then it's something you did.

Back