who has HID's in the fogs? 2nd gen rams....

Mudn_1

Sweet Home
just wondering who has HID's in their fogs on a 2nd gen Ram? I believe the bulbs are 896.... but not sure if they are made or not? and will 55w be too much for them?

I'm about to put a set of Retro Solutions 55watt 5000K bulbs in my 6" PIAA driving lights.
Hello sunshine. LOL

I have 55watt 5000K's in my heads...can't say I ever use the brights. LOL
Took some time to get them aimed to not blind people but I finally got it figured out.
I rarely if ever get flashed with them.

My dad and his friend both have 55w 6000k Retro HIDs in their Headlights and Fogs. I installed them both and got them aimed properly, far as I can tell. They love them, the fogs are amazing, specially when your driving really late at night out on the open road, they shine very wide, so you can see if a deer is running toward you, or anything else for that matter. Much better overall.

I have researched the splattering of light in the stock 2nd gen housings but will it really be that big of a deal? I am just wanting more light, it doesnt have to be a cut line. I am thinking 55w 5k's in the heads and 35w 5k's in the fogs. Opinions?

I hope they work okay in the stock 2nd gen housings. I really like the sleeper look of my dd and don't really want to put 1 pieces or halos in it.

Call up Todd @ Retrosolutions and talk to him. See what he says. That's who I and most of Powerstrokenation will recommend to you. They have quality stuff and a lifetime warranty on all their products.
860-655-2501
http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/StoreFront

Thanks for the info I will be giving Todd a call tomorrow. I got some cheap 8K HID's in my 99 that I bought from a buddy of mine...and while they work great...I'm severly annoyed during the summer when they take sometimes more than 5 minutes to stop flashing and stay on constant.

I want some 6K's for my Jetta, but I DO NOT want the flashing issue.

Can anybody give me a quick explanation on the difference in Retro Solutions "economy hid's" and the "night vision"?

I have researched the splattering of light in the stock 2nd gen housings but will it really be that big of a deal? I am just wanting more light, it doesnt have to be a cut line. I am thinking 55w 5k's in the heads and 35w 5k's in the fogs. Opinions?

I have the 55w 5000k retro headlights... they were designed for the stock housings so they should be sweet, I have the one piece lights and they scatter the light and dont put off a consistent pattern... I often thought about goin back to the stock housings.... I want the 35w 5000k fogs, but I am unsure how they will do.... If you decide to go this route let me know how it works out!

Can anybody give me a quick explanation on the difference in Retro Solutions "economy hid's" and the "night vision"?

not sure.... but I know life expectancy is different... as well as quality and brightness

todd is great!!!! great costumer service! i have recieved emails from him on sundays sometimes

I've got a set of cheap ebay 35w HID's in my stock fog lights. Went with a think a 3500k color. We run a yellow tinted fog light on our Kenworth's that I really like in the nasty weather so I wanted to try something similar on the Dodge and have been happy with them. One of these days I'm going to try a better kit like the retro solutions one.

I've got a set of cheap ebay 35w HID's in my stock fog lights. Went with a think a 3500k color. We run a yellow tinted fog light on our Kenworth's that I really like in the nasty weather so I wanted to try something similar on the Dodge and have been happy with them. One of these days I'm going to try a better kit like the retro solutions one.

Do you have a Bulb number and part number?

Back