Brand New Ported 12V Head

cut7

Brand new casting, oversized valves & seats (47.5mm intake, 44.5mm exhaust) ported for maximum flow whist still remaining streetable (I left the swirl hump in). It flows 232 CFM (stock is about 145 CFM). Valves are stainless steel, 3-angle valve job, 60 lb valve springs. Head has been heated (relaxed), shot tumbled, & decked flat. This head has never been installed.

I have an identical head on my truck, it runs very well at low rpms & allows the motor to rev to 4200 rpm. My boost pressure dropped quite a bit when I installed this head, as did my EGTs. My truck makes an obscene amount of horsepower, yet is tame enough to be a daily driver; even my teenage daughter can drive it.

Good price. Someone get after it. Wish I had the money to scoop it up myself

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've had quite a few PMs asking me who did the work. The answer is, I did. I'm a mechanical engineer, I have a full CNC machine shop, & I've been porting for about 35 years, so I know exactly where to remove metal for maximum flow.

Here I'm installing the seats; intakes are in, exhausts not yet.

Installing%20Seats(Medium).jpg

Here is me porting.

Porting(Medium).jpg

I don't have a picture of the bowl work, so I'd have to pop the valves out to take one. It's Sunday, we're having guests over for dinner after church, so I can't do it today. I have to say, however, I'm a little hesitant to post a picture of my porting (I don't want to give away all my secrets!)

How did you hold the seats in the head? I'd hate to see one drop on a performance application and ruin an engine!

The seats are .125 -.175mm (.005"-.007") interference fit; requiring about 20 tons of press to push them in. I have never had a seat drop out of any head I have ever worked on in 35 years. I'm not saying it doesn't happen; I'm saying it doesn't happen on stuff I work on.

Back