Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Towing and Hauling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Towing and Hauling Towing, hauling, hitches, and trailer discussion can be found here

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
mxracer70

Name: mxracer70
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Drop hitch

Well im going to be moving to colorado springs in march. My truck is pretty big. 46 inch tires. I bought a brand new 28 ft v nose car hauler. But someone decided they needed it more than me. Only had liability on it like a dummy. And inside the trailer was my spare set of rims with 35s. So now I'm thinking of getting a u haul car dolly strapping my car in it and tossing all my junk in the car and bed of the truck. It's a 1100 mile trip. What's everyone's opinion on 12 inch drop hitches? Hopefully some one can steer me one way or another
1985 chevy k20. 18 inches of lift. 1 ton running gear. 46 inch tires. 12 valve with 47re. Full billet trans. Head studs. 5x16 injectors. Denny t stage one fuel pin. 4200 gov spring. 105 lb valve springs. Fass 150. Hx40/ht3b. Air to water intercooler. Water meth injection

Old 12-28-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
83notch331

Name: 83notch331
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
i have a 10" rapid hitch i like it but it deff bangs around when i hit pot holes due to the clearance on the pin and slide on the hitch part

Old 01-16-2016, 07:21 PM   #3
Katoom

Name: Katoom
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I used to tow with a taller older 4wd truck so I understand your dilemma as I too had a tall custom made drop hitch. It only worked for me because I didnt tow any heavier than around 6000 lbs. But I have seen others in the same situation with drop hitches that are supported by braces mounted to the ball nut and run up at an angle to somewhere on the frame. Looks like it would work.....
'01 2500 Sport 4x4 5spd w/Fastcoolers, Mag-Hytec, EZ, RV275's, 4" w/o muffler, South Bend, Steering brace, aFe, 2 lo kit, Isspro Boost, FP, and EGT on pillar, Westach Trans/Diff temp gauge in dash pod, Raptor 100 w/ 1/2" line, Pac Brake, Rancho 9000, 285's

Old 01-16-2016, 07:35 PM   #4
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
I would think it would be fine towing a car dolly, hardly any weight on it.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Closed Thread