Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > StarLite Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
StarLite Diesel

Name: StarLite Diesel
Title: EFILive Cummins Tester
Member`s Gallery
Dyno Results....

Ok... this thread is just a fun thread. Dyno results from trucks i've tuned, including my own - mostly because we just had a dyno day at Industrial Injection today.

The first truck on the list is Trevors - a truck mentioned in my other threads that was baselined several months ago (pretty well stock other than an intake and lift pump, STOCK tuning). Did around 326 on this exact same dyno. That day we were testing several things in EFI while it was still in beta. We achieved a virtually smoke free 100 HP tune although our goal wasn't an all out HP effort - it was testing tables, etc. prior to release. Still a noteworthy accomplishment. As of today he is now running EFILive tuning and a 62 mm turbo on his mega cab. He ran his truck before I was able to get there and throw a tune in built solely for a max HP effort into his truck, but still put down 504 HP on a tune he drives around with all day long, again with virtually no smoke. Stock trans as well.

Next was Nick's truck. 07 manual 5.9. Previously we got him up to around 550 HP. At that time he had twins and II bag of parts (stock cp3). Today he also has some bigger sticks (previously stock). Tuning has changed to compensate for the larger sticks so that we can maintain rail throughout the RPMs... he dyno'd 683 HP and had a very smooth power curve....

Then moving to the duramax arena.... Jake's truck. triple turbo built motor, dual cp3s, big sticks, etc.... did 945 HP on fuel only on Custom Auto's dyno (had 2 seperate dynos running today. one for bigger trucks that had a load, another for single turbos and stock trucks). This is a huge jump for this truck.

Russ's LB7 Duramax put down 787 HP. Twin turbo'd, 50 HP sticks, dual CP3. Best power curve out of the bunch - flat from about 2600 RPM to 4000 RPM. Excellent truck for drag racing :-)

And then for my truck.... 889 HP fuel only. Twins. dual cp3s with 26 lpm sticks (30% over or 50 HP sticks). Woulda been nice to crack the 900 HP mark today, but oh well... All in all it was a great event and had a great turnout.

EFILive Cummins beta tester and "Brand X" SCI Cummins beta tester! Like us on FaceBook!
StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 08-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
TMONEYDIESEL

Name: TMONEYDIESEL
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLite Diesel View Post
Ok... this thread is just a fun thread. Dyno .

And then for my truck.... 889 HP fuel only. Twins. dual cp3s with 26 lpm sticks (30% over or 50 HP sticks). Woulda been nice to crack the 900 HP mark today, but oh well... All in all it was a great event and had a great turnout.
Very nice!

YOUR SOURCE FOR:
Camshafts
Pushrods
Valve springs
Custom Turbos
Exhaust Manifolds
Carrillo Connecting rods

Old 08-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
powerstrokedub

Name: powerstrokedub
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
StarLite, I was in attendance today and was able to watch most of your trucks run. All of which were very impressive. Maybe one day you can tune my 6.7l!

Old 08-16-2011, 01:01 AM   #4
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
Couple of vids of mine and Nicks truck.... I'll get dyno sheets posted soon....

Anyone else have vids of the other trucks tuned with EFILive / StarLite Diesel that ran Satureday feel free to share them!

EFILive Cummins beta tester and "Brand X" SCI Cummins beta tester! Like us on FaceBook!
StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 09-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
Curious to see what the power curve on a 5.9 cummins looks like when turning 4500 - 5000 RPM - well, here it is - custom tuned by StarLite Diesel

Here's a picture of the dyno Graph of Derek's truck (sled puller, 2.6 class). I think the HP tells the store :-) Working on getting a better copy of this picture (taken with a phone camera) - but until then i wanted to share! This was just taken today.... You will see basically 550-600 HP usable power from 3000 RPM to 4500 RPM gradually tapering off as the truck nears the 5000 RPM mark... (as it runs out of air)

derek dyno.jpg

StarLiteDiesel.com

Last edited by StarLite Diesel; 09-10-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #6
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
2.6 only making 603 peak whp? isn't that at least 100whp shy or what a 2.6 should make? or is this by design to maintain the same whp across the rpm band?

Old 09-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #7
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
This is a product of dyno A versus dyno B - and why I hate dyno numbers.

This was on Scheids portable dyno today.... This is a sled pulling tune, not a dyno tune -but that being said even making changes to get a peak HP number I don't think we would see much above a 20 HP gain in the lower RPMs and the chart wouldn't be anywhere near as flat. I don't know if this dyno produces corrected or uncorrected numbers... Also, for sake of comparison, this same truck only did 647 HP with TWINS on this dyno using a Smarty last year.... so, maybe that tells you how tight this dyno potentially is??

Either way i'm happy with the graph. The numbers could say 500 or 800 HP - doesn't bother me - having that power available all the way through the RPMs, to me, is more important - sled pulling or drag racing....

StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 09-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I've found that inertia dynojets are rather close to each other, it's the operator that makes the difference.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #9
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
High RPM Cummins Dyno run on Scheids Dyno

StarLiteDiesel.com

Closed Thread