Just bought a 200

In an Oliver I vote an 88. Just a little work and they will turn some rpms and flat out run.

Swamp star, I don't know how tracks are in your area but that style tire will not compete in our area. Just don't have the traction.

My buddy has an 88 that he has cranked and yea... It will turn some r's. it mainly gets paraded and worked at the house. The last time he pulled it I missed out.

Yea, me and a friend each run a Massey Ferguson super 90. If we aren't competing with each other, its usually an oliver 88, farmall 560 or some stupid 2 cylinder Deere.

In an Oliver I vote an 88. Just a little work and they will turn some rpms and flat out run.

Swamp star, I don't know how tracks are in your area but that style tire will not compete in our area. Just don't have the traction.

I don't think there gonna last too long. There extremely dry rotted and the tread is starting to peel. They will do ok here as the tracks are red clay and most times very tacky. I'm just scared of the tread peeling off and slapping me off the tractor.:lolly:

I don't think there gonna last too long. There extremely dry rotted and the tread is starting to peel. They will do ok here as the tracks are red clay and most times very tacky. I'm just scared of the tread peeling off and slapping me off the tractor.:lolly:

That can be a problem lol!! I vote the largest tire your class allows. For example, 20.8x38 tires on a 20" rim. Flatten them out and get some traction!! I widen all my rims myself. Oh and Firestone 23 degree radials

Last edited:
Here there isn't to many rules for tractors as its mostly antique classes. All the rules I could find for the tracks here are more on the weight and wheelie bars and not to much on tires and motors.

Think Im gonna try and pull 8000lbs and 8500lbs classes. Maybe a 9000lbs pull every now and then but I only have 550lbs of weight. haha

Will a 426 fit into the 200? I think that would be the best way to make power for the classes you are wanting. I would want to stay as light as I could with that tractor, I know it depends on the area (and their rules) but I think in the 10,000 and above it would have trouble with the 1466s and the 5020s. These are great running tractors in the light limited classes which are 6000-6500 lbs, but most with the 301 have been converted to alcohol.

I dont really have the pockets or shop for a motor swap even though that would be badass. Mostly around here its bone stock tractors with old men pullin um. There is only a small handful of built tractors and i know i cant hang with them on my budget.

Where could one find this A pump? I have been checking ebay but not finding much of nothing.

I dont really have the pockets or shop for a motor swap even though that would be badass. Mostly around here its bone stock tractors with old men pullin um. There is only a small handful of built tractors and i know i cant hang with them on my budget.

Where could one find this A pump? I have been checking ebay but not finding much of nothing.

You dont need a 426 to compete in the light classes. A style pumps are what came on 4430 deeres and what not from the factory. Go on pulloff.com and you can find them pretty reasonable. Then get a 2.4 or so size charger and stick on it. That will make some nice power.

8070.jpg

80702.jpg

I run an "A" style pump on my tractor....

Thank for the heads up on the sight. I will definatly creep around on there.

Agreed. We need more pics of your Orange monster.

Will a 426 fit into the 200? I think that would be the best way to make power for the classes you are wanting. I would want to stay as light as I could with that tractor, I know it depends on the area (and their rules) but I think in the 10,000 and above it would have trouble with the 1466s and the 5020s. These are great running tractors in the light limited classes which are 6000-6500 lbs, but most with the 301 have been converted to alcohol.

Yes a 426 will fit into a 200 easy. Im doing a harder swap now, a 426 into a D17. lol I have a thread over on the Allis forum on it.

If you want a cheap set of injectors. Have your local Allis dealer put a set of Allis chalmers 7080 tips on your injectors. I have them on my 185 with a 7060 injector pump with a he351 on it, and damn she burns nice and clean. With the old 185 pump maxed and the 7080 injectors with a hx35, i had 140 PTO Hp. So it should be alittle more now.

How do the rear ends hold up like say on a 180 with the portal style rear end?

The 180-185's with the external Final drives will hold lots. I know of a few pullers that have stock rear ends that have 1000 Hp with 30.5x32 tires and never had a lick of trouble.

I'm not meaning to jack a thread but we need more pics of that gorgeous animal!

I'll see what I can dig up, my grandpa runs a D-21 in the same class. Also, dont bother with going to a 426 in a 200. Its just easier to find a factory 426 tractor to pull unless you want to do it for the novalty. JMHO

The 180-185's with the external Final drives will hold lots. I know of a few pullers that have stock rear ends that have 1000 Hp with 30.5x32 tires and never had a lick of trouble.

Well, that makes me feel much better about potentially throwing some power at our 180 someday. It will never be more than a farm class tractor anyways. We have a 360ci class here that would be fun to pull in. What's the most cubes you can get out of 301?

If you want a cheap set of injectors. Have your local Allis dealer put a set of Allis chalmers 7080 tips on your injectors. I have them on my 185 with a 7060 injector pump with a he351 on it, and damn she burns nice and clean. With the old 185 pump maxed and the 7080 injectors with a hx35, i had 140 PTO Hp. So it should be alittle more now.

Thank you. I will look into that and im hunting for a hx35 for now.

Figured it needed to be fired off after sitting for a month.

[ame]http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc347/caterpillar953b1/8E5C2237-32EF-4654-ACA6-A9C2218739F4-12378-0000152943081568_zps70d50ad1.mp4[/ame]

Last edited:
Back