CRT billet valve bodies

Hey Cope, out of curiosity is there a reason you don't have the pump running in park?

If the motor is running , so is the pump. I dont have main line pressure in park because the mods needed to the manual valve dump the pressure when in park. With my VB as soon as you fire it up, place the gear shifter in neutral. Its not a big deal.

Attachments

• 27539959_10213445649648925_846891528988005477_n.jpg
    27539959_10213445649648925_846891528988005477_n.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 0
With the manual valve body I run now I'm able to flip the switch for lockup before I stage, and when I shift to 2nd lockup comes in right after. I assume this isn't possible with yours?

If the motor is running , so is the pump. I dont have main line pressure in park because the mods needed to the manual valve dump the pressure when in park. With my VB as soon as you fire it up, place the gear shifter in neutral. Its not a big deal.

That's where keeping a brick in the bed comes in handy to just chalk the tires!

That’s what I was looking for, thanks!

With the manual valve body I run now I'm able to flip the switch for lockup before I stage, and when I shift to 2nd lockup comes in right after. I assume this isn't possible with yours?

My lock up will come on in any gear when ever switch is turned on. But I will bet dollars to donuts, my valve body shifts better and will make your truck faster.

Last edited:
My lock up will come on in any gear when ever switch is turned on. But I will bet dollars to donuts, my valve body shifts better and will make your truck faster.

I got that, but having to shift, hit lockup, then shift to third comes quick. Can yours be set to lock in 2nd and above that way you can just shift the main gears, with the lockup switch already turned on before staging, and lock comes in on its own just after 2nd gear? Without any other separate controller.

I got that, but having to shift, hit lockup, then shift to third comes quick. Can yours be set to lock in 2nd and above that way you can just shift the main gears, with the lockup switch already turned on before staging, and lock comes in on its own just after 2nd gear? Without any other separate controller.

I’m sure you could come up with some sort of normally open contact switch that could loose its contact at which we gear shift you were wanting.

We are working on a shifter that if works like I'm hoping will give us control over shift points and lockup all via a programmable controller to give us a hands free racing experience.

John is building mine like you are talking about. Automatic second gear lock up when a switch is flipped.

Can it be made to just lock in 2nd, that way I could flip the switch, stage, then just manually shift 1 thru 4 without having to flip the lockup switch, it just comes in on its own after 2nd gear shift.

Back