S400 low boost P24v puller

What’s fuel pressure? Taking for granted not using the same fuel pump from the VP setup...

Are you using the same boost gauge to test for leaks that you are for running down the track?

Are you using the same boost gauge to test for leaks that you are for running down the track?

I use a schedule 40 pipe cap on the turbo inlet for my boost checker. I use a a CTS for boost and have an Isspro boost gauge plumbed in for drive pressure.

I use a schedule 40 pipe cap on the turbo inlet for my boost checker. I use a a CTS for boost and have an Isspro boost gauge plumbed in for drive pressure.

What gauge did you use for checking the boost for leaks? Have you verified the CTS gauge is reading accurately(compared with another gauge?)

I have a regulator on my boost checker to connect shop air to it. Thats how I know how much PSI is in it.

I haven’t verified the CTS with a boost gauge but judging by drive pressure it should be accurate I’d think.

Is the CTS reading boost from the factory MAP sensor? Or do you have an add on electrical boost sensor for the CTS? If it is reading from the MAP sensor, I believe it won't read more than 36psi.

I ran into a similar issue with a CTS monitor when I ppumped my old 24 valve. The CTS would read accurately until 36psi and then top out, while the mechanical boost gauges I had would read all the way to 80psi.

Maybe try verifying boost with a temporary mechanical gauge just to eliminate the CTS.

Is the CTS reading boost from the factory MAP sensor? Or do you have an add on electrical boost sensor for the CTS? If it is reading from the MAP sensor, I believe it won't read more than 36psi.

I ran into a similar issue with a CTS monitor when I ppumped my old 24 valve. The CTS would read accurately until 36psi and then top out, while the mechanical boost gauges I had would read all the way to 80psi.

Maybe try verifying boost with a temporary mechanical gauge just to eliminate the CTS.

I’m using an Edge sensor in the intake horn. Supposed to be good to 100psi I believe. I’m planning to make it to a pull Thursday I’ll see if I can put my gauge in the intake horn to verify.

The sensors the edge comes with are only good to 36psi.there are pressure sensors that will ready 100 psi you can get though from what I've read. Ask firepunk

According to Edge it’s 0-100psi. But who knows. I’m going to put my drive pressure gauge into the intake horn and see what it’ll read next pull.
Since drive pressure is around 40psi I’m tbinking it’ll read the same as what the Edge is but we’ll find out.

Verified all my gauges and sensors are definitely reading correct. Made about 36psi going down the track last night. 50psi drive pressure.. This is with the 87 turbine and .90 housing.

I’m not sure if I’m giving up any power with it making such low boost. Trying to hit higher rpm down the track. Talked to other guys saying they make 50psi+ boost. I feel like I have the fuel for it??

Guess the question now is would I benefit from an 83 turbine like what was suggested earlier? What would be next on the list of things to do at this point?

If I’m just crazy feel free to tell me. Any advice is much appreciated as always

Are you 100% sure that you are getting full throttle travel out of the linkage.

When I put it together I checked that I’d get full throttle. I’ll verify it again tonight.

I’m only getting 1600* EGT at the end of the track. Last year with the VP I was around 1850*. I’m still using 6x.018 at VP pop pressure. Would that be hurting me too? I think all that would effect is retarding timing a few degrees.

Checked the throttle linkage last night. Had a buddy push the pedal down all the way and I can’t move the lever on the pump any farther forward. So I’m assuming that’s adjusted correctly.

Are you sure the pump is even good? Have you had it tested? Or bought it off someone n taking there word for it?

That fass must work well. My AD200 would hold 60 at idle but Wot down the track was dropping down to 20, ended up going to a waterman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I've had the same exact experience with my AD200...what do you do for fuel filtration?

I've had the same exact experience with my AD200...what do you do for fuel filtration?
Ran a inline fuel filter, one of the cylinder ones dont remember off the top of my head. I think it was a 10 micron?
Ill look and see if i have the info yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back