Cummins ISF3.8 with twins from factory

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
I found from internet wideo about Cummins Foton engine plant in China.

The interesting part is they build Cummins ISF 2.8 and 3.8 engines, some of them are with twin turbos.

My Internet skills are not the best and I can't find any official information or pictures about ISF3.8 with twins, so here is few screen shots.

Do somebody have experience with ISF series engines?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• isf3.8 -1.bmp
    769.6 KB · Views: 0
  • isf3.8-2.bmp
    769.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
From what I can tell the 2.8L is an OHC motor and the 3.8L is an mid-block cam motor.

ESN 89043333 has compound chargers, HX27 and HE300.

Last edited:
Only way to get one here is have it imported from china as they are not epa approved. The 2.8 is going in the new nissan IIRC.

Don't know, I pulled that ESN out of my ass and punched it in Cummins Quickserve. LOL

I check it with Quickserve too, built in China and retrofitted in Brazil, last warranty claim was made 30 days ago...

edit: Lee I think you are hiding something, it can't be just random engine serial number with my requested engine 3.8 and twins....

Last edited:
I check it with Quickserve too, built in China and retrofitted in Brazil, last warranty claim was made 30 days ago...

edit: Lee I think you are hiding something, it can't be just random engine serial number with my requested engine 3.8 and twins....

Honest truth buddy. I had known prior that 890 was the ESN prefix and I hit it on the second try. Why else do you think the last 4 digits are the same?

Honest truth buddy. I had known prior that 890 was the ESN prefix and I hit it on the second try. Why else do you think the last 4 digits are the same?

Then I think you need to buy lottery ticket today :lolly:

SOHC as stated, 4 valve/cyl, bosch common rail (external injectors), iron block/head, piston cooling nozzles, EGR, seen them run ~4500rpms. A stock 2.8 single turbo is around 150hp. The 3.8L is a slightly different overhead design, does not run EGR. The 2.8L was also being targeted for US sales / installations. Thermoking actually took a few non-turbo 2.8L test units for larger Refers.

Back