Pre Turbo Injection

Water cannot freeze in a radiator that is above ambient temperature. The only point it could possibly freeze is briefly as its vaporized after the nozzle.

Assuming its above freezing ambient. WI definitely should not be used pre-intercooler or pre-turbo in freezing weather.

Water cannot freeze in a radiator that is above ambient temperature. The only point it could possibly freeze is briefly as its vaporized after the nozzle.

Assuming its above freezing ambient. WI definitely should not be used pre-intercooler or pre-turbo in freezing weather.

What the heck are you talking about? You went from intercooler to raditor....yes compressed/heated air can hold more water and when the truck is shut off and cooling down water can condense and collect in the intercooler, air isn't pumped through the radiator dude. If its below freezing it will probably crack the intercooler. I don't think water droplets hitting the compressor wheel would work out so well, with it spinning that fast it might as well be a bit of dirt, eroding the edges of the blades. Even if it didn't erode the compressor wheel, I think post-turbo injection would work better since you're not compressing the water vapors heating them wih the air that is being compressed. When injected post turbo/intercooler, the charge air is cooled as the water exchanges btu's with the air $.02......but I'm just a pup what would I know

If you haven't tried precompressor injection then what do you have to add to the thread besides theories and BS. I have done it, it works. If used for competition purposes with proper atomization it will not erode a compressor wheel. I won't say daily use would be as benign. I have not tested it as I see no reason to use it day in and day out.

If you're scared to do it then don't.

What the heck are you talking about? You went from intercooler to raditor
An intercooler is a radiator, anything that dissipates heat from a fluid to the atmosphere is a radiator.

Please do some basic semantics research.

If you haven't tried precompressor injection then what do you have to add to the thread besides theories and BS. I have done it, it works.
So does smoking crack, but that doesn't mean its a good for you or a smart thing to do....

If used for competition purposes with proper atomization it will not erode a compressor wheel.
Competition engines aren't driven hundreds of thousands of miles.
Lets not forget that most competition engines don't even use an air filter, so the erosion difference between track dust/dirt and water is negligible to that specific and narrow application.

I have not tested it as I see no reason to use it day in and day out.
In other words... you have nothing to say but "theories and BS."

Last edited:
:banghead: Hard to argue with a decade of successfully spraying H20 onto the same compressor inducer - but we don't use Innercoolers, either... ;) instead I usually spec an Atmospheric Non-Ferrous Passive Mode Isobaric Ambient-Regulated Velocity-Enhanced Thermal Flux Capacitor/Discharge Serpentine Grid Matrix Element.

An intercooler is a radiator, anything that dissipates heat from a fluid to the atmosphere is a radiator.

Please do some basic semantics research.

So does smoking crack, but that doesn't mean its a good for you or a smart thing to do....You're putting pre-compressor injection in the just as bad as crack category :hehe:

Competition engines aren't driven hundreds of thousands of miles. So what? I Don't see how that is relevant at all. And to clarify I said "competition purposes". Many of us use our daily drivers to compete. While I don't think that's always the smartest thing to do it is fun so I and many others do it. I'm sure in your world it's akin to enslaving crackwh0res whilst selling half of their drug babies to research and the rest to cannibals.
Lets not forget that most competition engines don't even use an air filter, so the erosion difference between track dust/dirt and water is negligible to that specific and narrow application. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Every time a turbocharged vehicle drives through fog they are in essence utilizing mother nature to mimic pre-compressor injection (though I imagine the fine mist of fog works much better). Ever drive through a fog and think "man the rig seems peppy tonight!"?

In other words... you have nothing to say but "theories and BS." I do believe you just might be a fuktard. If you reread what I said I basically stated I have no opinion as to what compressor wear would look like if this was used at all times.
Just admit you're scared.

technically its a heat exchanger

but ive never tried it, so im not sure i should post in here :poke:
That comment came out slightly wrong I guess. Throw your theories around all you want. But theories won't/can't match experience. I have just a little with this topic, but the little I have is better than whatever someone may have gleaned from the interweb.

Since theories have been okay'd :lolly: I'm thinkin' the reason PCI became a no no has to do with the setups on the gas motors that used vacuum to piss a stream of water at the wheel. Which is not the same as using pressure and a nozzle to create a fine spray.

Who here has destroyed a compressor wheel with PCI and under what circumstances?

Last edited:
As long as the water was atomized well I don't see why its a problem. A large droplet hitting the wheel would be bad, but I don't see a problem. The fog example was great man

I dont see how water could be any more damaging to the compressor wheel than gasoline. I have a 1980 Turbo Trans Am which is factory turbo'd and the carb actually sits on top/side of the turbo, where the air/fuel mixture (not even the remote amount of properly atomized) is sprayed down into the compressor wheel of the tb305 turbocharger, then into the intake. OEM application and there is no sign of compressor wheel damage after 100k miles......
Also, spraying water onto the compressor wheel artificially increases the range of the compressor map....

Last edited:
Just admit it, you're uneducated.

Gasoline also has only 2/3 the density of water.

I received outstanding marks in elementary school!

Have you ever personally tried pre-turbo injection? Where did you receive your great education on the subject? And I will take the change of subject as an affirmation of your chickenchitedness.

Just admit it, you're uneducated.

Gasoline also has only 2/3 the density of water.

Ok. :poke: ....but this application ran gasoline through the turbo 100% of the time for 100k miles..... if the engine was running, the air/fuel mixture was being drawn through the compressor wheel into a 301 cubic inch V8 that could turn more than 6k.... :pop:

PSA:

Don't argue with a fool - he'll drag you down to his level & beat you with experience.

my fart contains methane.... so there fore... if i sh!t in a coffee can, seal it. and run an air tight hose from the cans lid to my air filter, it'll have the same effect as nos.... times 1000

I received outstanding marks in elementary school!
Sweet. When do you start the 6th grade?

Have you ever personally tried pre-turbo injection?
Have you? Based on "I have not tested it" thats a clear no and a contradiction to what you posted earlier, that makes you a clear liar.
Have you tried running with half a tank of gasoline? I hear it makes the engine run really powerful.

And I changed the subject as an affirmation of my chickenchitedness.
Agreed.

if the engine was running, the air/fuel mixture was being drawn through the compressor wheel into a 301 cubic inch V8 that could turn more than 6k.
Makes no difference.
1: Gasoline is not corrosive like water.
2: Gasoline's boiling point is 167F, water's is 212*f
3: The turbo's RPMs on gas engines are no different than on diesels.

Don't argue with a fool - he'll drag you down to his level & beat you with experience.
I know, but Sandaholic is just one of those "fools" thats so fun to drag on so he can continue making a "fool" of himself. :evil

my fart contains methane.... so there fore... if i sh!t in a coffee can, seal it. and run an air tight hose from the cans lid to my air filter, it'll have the same effect as nos.... times 1000
Obviously trolls don't study chemistry in school. Nitrous is an oxidizer, methane is a fuel. They don't have the same effect in an engine.

Last edited:
Back