Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater'

I believe that if you want to take full advantage of the Anteater, you would need a 48re. I can't recall the limits on the older transmissions... Maybe somebody can elaborate. But if you are looking at a new trans anyway, might be a good idea to go with a 48.

Yeah I'm not paying asking price for 48re's around here.

I started to say the harness, but mine is a 96 and I'm not aware a change was made on mine. I will confirm.

Something smart goes here

Kyle he's wanting to put a 47RE into that 1st Gen.... no computer no harness just the transmission and make it work.

Kyle he's wanting to put a 47RE into that 1st Gen.... no computer no harness just the transmission and make it work.
Yeah, I follow what he's doing. The Anteater is wired to use the 2000+ Governor pressure sensor and internal harness. The polarity of the sensor changed.

It is Andy isn't it?

Something smart goes here

Okay so I'd have to change the vb wiring harness and govenor pressure switch at minimum. Yeah it's Andy from over on kydtr

Here's an idea... How about an app to control the Anteater with your cell phone ? Instead of having to use a laptop, be able to load/change tunes by plugging your phone into micro USB ? That would definitely be convenient.

Yeah I saw that before. Pretty cool... But I'm thinking about the whole ftsc dashboard. Ability to write and load shift strategies from your phone, and view the real time data.

It's been discussed a few times. I bought a Windows tablet for this purpose because the dash at this point is strictly MS based.

I would like to see a linux/android app. Apple is cost prohibitive.

I do need to add that from my knowledge, the application is lower on the list of properties atm. I might start trying to do something on the Android front.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's technically possible to use USB OTG and write an app for it. However, the hardware would need to support USB Host mode for that kind of COM port and the device would need the drivers baked in the ROM so in theory the number of devices that would play nice is pretty small.

The more I read these... The more I want an auto. The price just sucks all kinds of unpleasant things to suck on.

The more I keep up on this thread, the more it makes me want an automatic transmission. I just can't take the price of them that sucks d1ck.

Maybe a crazy question. But how are most of you guys doing your tunes. 3rd-lockup-OD d or 3rd-OD-lockup?

Also does it have to unlock the trans when shifting up to OD for the .7sec like it does downshifting?

I know some new features have been talked about for a while now. Any word on what features are most likely coming?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I lock in 2nd a few mph before 3rd on my DD tune. The transmission will shift up locked from second on if you tune it that way.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Back