OK, now it whistles at idle?

gstanfield

Are we there yet?
Alrighty, I ground my plate, slid it 2/3 forward. Turned my AFC till she smokes a lot off the line and pretty much clouds until the boost gets high. The power is rgeat, my transmission is not happy (I'll be fixing it very soon, until then I'm turning her back down tomorrow) and all is good, sorta. While idling I now have a loud whistle, chirping kind of sound. From 50 feet behind the truck it is louder than the engine and it is definately sounding out fromt he exhuast (or louder from the back)

What is causing this and how do I correct it? It is a very irritating sound and I did not hear it before I messed with the engine.

Suggestions??

Thanks,
George

problem solved

The nice thing about having your head up your butt is it keeps your ears warm right ? :doh: It seems :banghead: that after I turned it up some I took a drive in some deep, nasty mud :) and well, there was a ton of mud on my exhaust pipe and it was rubbing something under the truck. I washed the underneath real good, blasting 100 lbs of mud out from under there and the noise is now gone. I guess this makes me one of the slow children at play around here, boy do I feel stupid:bang

George

Back