Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.0 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.0 Powerstroke Discussion of the 03-06 6.0

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #41
Goose

Name: Goose
Title: Alabama Pimpin'
Member`s Gallery
Very cool. I wish I could decide on what to do with my truck..

Old 04-02-2010, 01:44 AM   #42
alvispace

Name: alvispace
Title: Fat Bastard
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusted View Post
Pm's sent. Below is the updated list. If you are interested please let me know. As of right now, it looks like we will be building these. We are working to revise the design slightly to reduce the cost some. Please let me know if you have any questions and/or would like additional info.

1. Extended Power
2. 07 Stroker
3. Gene6L
4. Smokinstroker
5. bigastrk
6. dayusex
7. keanoknick
8. Ford4Eva
9. FaSS9602
10. matty169
11. cheezit
12. hawgdoctor
13. carlson158
14. Fuzzys69

Put my name on the list. I don't get the need for PM's though. Also, would you please decribe the major components? Are we talking a finned cooler (stainless, big, I get it) Fan assisted?, plumbing Braided lines? and how about a one or two additional inline filters pitstop? Forgive my ignorance if that is the whole purpose of this to also eliminate the oil filter on top of engine, but doing both in this endeavor is desireable correct?

What's the benefit? (besides the obvious never having to deal with the one from Ford atop the engine again) Drop in oil temp of.... 20 degrees?

Old 04-02-2010, 06:42 AM   #43
goosekiller

Name: goosekiller
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Interested depending on price pm me a quote please.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #44
Trusted

Name: Trusted
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvispace View Post
Put my name on the list. I don't get the need for PM's though. Also, would you please decribe the major components? Are we talking a finned cooler (stainless, big, I get it) Fan assisted?, plumbing Braided lines? and how about a one or two additional inline filters pitstop? Forgive my ignorance if that is the whole purpose of this to also eliminate the oil filter on top of engine, but doing both in this endeavor is desireable correct?

What's the benefit? (besides the obvious never having to deal with the one from Ford atop the engine again) Drop in oil temp of.... 20 degrees?
The reason we are PM’ing the prices is because this price is probably going to be less than a production kit. We are only marking up the cost slightly to see if this is something that people are actually interested in or if it is a “That would be nice, but I don’t want to spend that type of money” product.

As far as what this is, below is an earlier post.

Quote:
Sure, the factory oil cooler works very well. I think we can all agree there. The oil and coolant are usually within a few degrees of each other. The issues isn't its effectiveness, it is the failures that happen.

So, what we have been doing is making an oil/coolant cooler out of stainless. There is no issue with failure and yet we are able to keep the oil to coolant temperatures very close. The cooler is removed from the engine and mounted inside of the bumper out of the way. There are a couple of reasons we did this. First, by changing the material to stainless, we needed to increase the size of the cooler and there wasn’t room. Second and a by-product of the first, we are able to increase the capacity of the high pressure oil pump reservoir.

We are not putting a huge radiator in the front grill. By doing that, you are adding heat into the ac system and intercooler. In the winter time, you can risk packing the radiator with ice and causing your oil to never heat up properly and in the summer, the air conditioning system doesn’t cool the cab very well.
After exchanging pm’s and talking to a couple of people, we are going to be combining our oil / fuel filter delete kit with this. So, the kit will come with a delete plate that gets rid of the oil / fuel filter housing. Stainless steel braided lines to direct the oil to an oil to coolant heat exchanger (much like the factory cooler) made out of stainless. We will also, be directing the coolant from the oil cooler into this heat exchanger. From there, the oil will be filtered, not sure if we are filtering it once or twice now (once would be a 10 micron filter, twice would be adding a 3 micron filter inline like our oil filter housing delete kit) and then back to the engine. On the coolant side, we have been asked to add a coolant filter and we are researching filters now.

As far as benefits, the factory cooler works very well it just fails pre-maturely. So, this kit is designed to cool the same and not fail. Then depending on what we do with the filters, their may be additional filtration benefits.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #45
Trusted

Member`s Gallery
Updated List

1. 07 Stroker
2. Gene6L
3. bigastrk
4. dayusex
5. Ford4Eva
6. FaSS9602
7. matty169
8. cheezit
9. hawgdoctor
10. Fuzzys69
11. imelmo
12. alvispace
13. goosekiller

Old 04-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #46
Ford4Eva

Name: Ford4Eva
Title: FNG
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
After exchanging pm’s and talking to a couple of people, we are going to be combining our oil / fuel filter delete kit with this.
This sounds like a good idea. It will raise the cost - but people will get a lot more product and capabilities for the money.
Intake elbow
MBRB duals
Train horn by siege engineering
Studded

On the horizon: FASS (sitting at home), transmission, 205s-225s, twins, air intake, spearco IC (maybe)

Old 04-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #47
ciscofreak

Name: ciscofreak
Title: manbearpig hunter
Member`s Gallery
Now I am very interested. Please PM me with an estimate.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #48
alvispace

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Updated List

01. 07 Stroker
02. Gene6L
03. bigastrk
04. dayusex
05. Ford4Eva
06. FaSS9602
07. matty169
08. cheezit
09. hawgdoctor
10. Fuzzys69
11. imelmo
12. alvispace
13. goosekiller

If you get rid of the oil cooler on top of the engine, then those of us who still have to do the full EGR delete will only have to do the solid UP PIPE that doesn't flow to the EGR COOLER right? No need to reroute anything with the 180 hose or 180 pipe. Am I absorbing this right? I just replace the up pipe, remove the oil cooler and remove the egr cooler, plugging the feed to the EGR cooler and plugging the return recepticle for coolant from the oil cooler?

OR

Remove both oil/egr coolers and route the coolant from EGR input to Oil Cooler coolant output return line.

I need a schematic, .

Old 04-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #49
Trusted

Member`s Gallery
I think for this go around, it would be best if everyone already had an EGR delete. Our production kit (assuming there is enough interest in this and people like this kit) will work with a 100% stock engine. But for right now, we need to see what the market is like before incurring the cost to do that.

I would, also, prefer everyone to have a stand alone fuel system (FASS, AirDog or Aftermarket fuel system), but that isn't 100% necessary. For those that still need the regulator and secondary filtration, we can add the right components. It will just run a little more.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #50
Trusted

Member`s Gallery
All who are interested have a pm with actual pricing. Please let me know if you are interested. As I mentioned before, I need 10. As of right now, I have one who has given us CC info.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #51
Trusted

Member`s Gallery
Ok,

So I have two on board. We just need 8 more and we are a go.

1. bigastrk
2. FaSSt9602

Old 04-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #52
HarleyF250Guy

Name: HarleyF250Guy
Title: 6.0 Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Very interested......Depending on price

8'' Fabtech w/ FOX Shocks
38x15.50 Toyo MTs on 20x12 Rockstars
SCT XCAL3 w/ Innovative Extreme Race Tune
FCDP EGR Delete, Trusted Stage 1 & Crossover Fuel Systems, ARP Head Studs, Airaid Intake
Silverline 4'' Turbo Back Exhaust

Old 04-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #53
Trusted

Member`s Gallery
PM Sent

Old 04-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #54
bigastrk

Name: bigastrk
Title: LIL' EX
Member`s Gallery
hmmmm not looking good for the home team here.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #55
FaSSt9602

Name: FaSSt9602
Member`s Gallery
Ouch...where are the 13 people interested?
DiProcol Black Face Boost, Trans Temp, EGT, Fuel Pressure Gauges

Old 04-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #56
dayusex

Name: dayusex
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
i called chad and let him know as soon as my trans am sales, he has my credit card on file (probably from all the other purchase)

Old 04-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #57
07 stroker

Name: 07 stroker
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Keep Me First

Old 04-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #58
Trusted

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 stroker View Post
Keep Me First
I need to get your credit card info and I need to know if you want one or two oil filters.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #59
alvispace

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I think for this go around, it would be best if everyone already had an EGR delete.
...I would, also, prefer everyone to have a stand alone fuel system (FASS, AirDog or Aftermarket fuel system)

Sorry, been out of commission recovering from back surgery. Based on the statements above I am not able to participate. I have neither.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #60
Trusted

Member`s Gallery
Sorry to hear about your back.

I think we can close this thread. Certainly not enough interest.

Closed Thread