Fixing the typical rotbox

wwentzler

Like typical 3rd gen ****boxes, my 3rd gen needs attention. First question is where is everyone getting patch panels from? (rear bedside, rockers and cab corners). I see there are lots of places that sell them with vastly varying prices, I would rather not do this twice so...

Next question for anyone who's done this, how are you preventing the backside of the panel welds from rusting after installing patches? Im considering just cutting large holes in the backside of each panel so I can properly paint and undercoat each panel backside.

Any direction that can be given would be great.

Like typical 3rd gen ****boxes, my 3rd gen needs attention. First question is where is everyone getting patch panels from? (rear bedside, rockers and cab corners). I see there are lots of places that sell them with vastly varying prices, I would rather not do this twice so...

Next question for anyone who's done this, how are you preventing the backside of the panel welds from rusting after installing patches? Im considering just cutting large holes in the backside of each panel so I can properly paint and undercoat each panel backside.

Any direction that can be given would be great.

Lmc Truck is what I use fit well and packaged well for shipping. To prevent new rust we drill drain holes on the bottoms and pour in some gear oil to coat the inside as rust prevention. My dads second gen ate 2 doors and 2 rockers in 2 years after the gear oil he is on his 4th year and still solid (he plows with this truck in Illinois)

Back