Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Valair Clutch
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
Coal Train

Name: Coal Train
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Triple disc problems?

Dan,
My brother Justin Bowling got a triple disc off of you last year. I bought the clutch off of him we shimmed the clutch up with about a 1/2 inch free play but it wouldn't go in gear. I added 2 thousandth's worth of shim and now it doesn't have any free play. Right now we are going to take it back out and take a one thousandth of shim and see what kind of free play we have then. Could you call me as soon as you get this. thanks mason 812-620-1692

Old 05-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
Valair1

Name: Valair1
Title: Valair Inc. Clutch
Member`s Gallery
Did you get a modified fork with it. give me a call on my cell 940-859-1496 Dan

Valair Performance Series Clutches

Old 05-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
Jim Fulmer

Name: Jim Fulmer
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Dan, can you PM me a quote for a 1 ton 12V, HP is 550 and he Tow's heavy?

Jim

Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 AM   #4
Coal Train

Member`s Gallery
dan I'm still waiting on the modified clutch fork. any updates? I needed this last weekend.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
Coal Train

Member`s Gallery
Well its been a little over a month and probably around 100 calls to Valair. I have talked to Kevin at Valair I believe twice....My brother never got the modified clutch fork thats made for this triple disc when he purchased the clutch...When I first talked to Dan he told me they could build one pretty quickly and get it sent out to me. Well after about 50 calls I talked to Kevin and he said they had the modified fork done and he took my address. Then about 25 minutes later the secratary calls me and tells me its going to be 117$ for the clutch fork. I told them they could keep it.....I was willing to pay the shipping to get the fork....Today I grinded and worked on the fork put it back in and have around 1/2 inch free play and truck still won't go into gear.. If I put shims in the clutch I have no free play but the truck goes into gear...I have had this transmission in and out probably 7 times in the last month....I'm to the point where I just want to box the clutch up and send it back and never deal with Valair again....Dan my number is 812-620-1692...I'm done trying to get a hold of you........

Old 06-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #6
Ragged Edge

Name: Ragged Edge
Title: TRUCK PULLER
Member`s Gallery
all you need to do is have about ..024 -.029 of clearance and it should release

Old 06-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
Valair1

Name: Valair1
Title: Valair Inc. Clutch
Member`s Gallery
Mason, if you removed the shims the clutch has too much pull down and will not release, the fork must be extreemly modified for the triple to work in the stock bell housing, shaving it isnt enough, also i wasnt aware Justin never got a fork, i thought you bought the clutch used, the fork takes us a couple hour's to make and plus cost of a new fork, we werent trying to make a profit we were just trying to cover our cost, i'll call you in the morning and send you one, you still will have to check for clearence and readjust the clutch with the shim's. We will cover that, after you get it working and it starts to wear you can remove shim's to put the load back on the clutch.

Valair Performance Series Clutches

Closed Thread