Hamilton probz

Highwayman

bored.
Just wondering how you guys went about lifting your engine with a Hamilton head.
I'm scared to use the coolant port, and the intake plenum holes are asking to be stripped.

Are they strong enough or should I build a plate to use like four of the intake holes?

Last edited:
I always use the coolant passage for my lifting eye. But if I'm pulling the engine I ussually take the head off first because of this. I don't really like putting that much pressure on the coolant passage. I've also ran a strap around my last runner on my intake but it sounds like you still have a plenum. I wouldn't see an issue with pulling off a plate bolted to 4 bolts.

Yeah, normally I put the head on after the rest is in the truck but I was tired of waiting for lift space, so I did what I could.

When I set mine in the truck I took 4 head studs out and made L-shaped lifting brackets then put stock head bolts in the brackets to attach. If the bolts can take 130+ ft-lbs of torque to clamp, I think that 4 of them can hold the motor. worked for me.

Im not sure it would help here, but we have used large nylon straps to stab other difficult engines in the past.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Back