Air hose adapter for Valve Spring change

FST_DSL

All,

Does anyone know where to get an adapter for the air hose to change my valve springs? Or is everyone making one to pressurize the cylinder?

I have tried the search and couldn't find this.

Thanks in Advance

All,

Does anyone know where to get an adapter for the air hose to change my valve springs? Or is everyone making one to pressurize the cylinder?

I have tried the search and couldn't find this.

Thanks in Advance

Just bring the piston up so the valves cant drop down.

What do you just drop a guide in the injector hole and rotate the crank pully until you think its TDC?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

What do you just drop a guide in the injector hole and rotate the crank pully until you think its TDC?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Not a dumb question. It is a little tricky to figure out if you haven't done it before. But it is really so easy you will think you're doing it wrong.

Watch for the corresponding cylinder to be on overlap.

For example. When cyl #1 is on TDC COMPRESSION, cyl #6 will be on TDC in between the EXHAUST and INTAKE stroke. You can tell its at the top by taking a very firm eye to the cylinder and watching for the exhaust valve to STOP closing and the intake valve to BEGIN opening. That exact moment is your APPROXIMATE TDC (Meaning, don't try to set pump timing with that but you can defiantly compress the springs and remove them without the valves falling into the cylinder.)

You can remove the springs off a cylinder weather it is at TDC Compression or TDC/Overlap. Just remember which is which when setting valve lash.

Cylinder 2 and 5 are corresponding, and cylinder 3 and 4 are corresponding.

Back