Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Injectables; Water, Meth, Nitrous, Ect.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
96Cummins12v

Name: 96Cummins12v
Title: Cummins Nut
Member`s Gallery
water/meth - how much are you going through

Let me start by saying that Im pretty sure I have read every thread about water / meth on here and cummins forum but havent really found a lot of what Im looking for.

Im buying a devilsown stage 2 from a member on comp d and just doing some more homework so that when I do my install I have and know what I need,

What I wanna know is how much are you going through on everyday use empty and loaded, basicly how much per day,week, tank full etc, something down that line. I know there is some differant variables on what nozzles and how many but looking for an average so to speek. So I have a 1 gal bottle that is coming with the kit and I also have a 15-25 gallon tank avaiable as well only problem is no matter what I do its probably going to have to go in my tool box as there is really nowhere else to put it since the pump has to be away from heat,water, road debris etc,
Ley me know your inputs and thoughts,

Also I may run 2 differant tanks, 1 with washer fluid and another of boost juice for just playing, there would be a shut of valve on each tank so I could run either or, what are your thoughts on this,
Thanks in advance and sorry so long
96 2500 Reg Cab 4x4 - AFE Stage 2 Intake,Pusher Intake 4K GSK, ground plate,pump tuned,Fass 150, Autometer Gauges, built auto, goerand tripple disc tc ED Billet 66/68/.8 &5x14's SDX Comp DV's 17.5* timing, pump mods

Old 05-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
mikmaze

Name: mikmaze
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
totally different trucks, but when I went to twin turbos, the need for water went away. chargers supply enough air to keep it cool. I was going through just under a quart per pass on the track, and daily driving wasn't using too much seeing as I had the setup coming on at 22 psi. I did start running pure water just before I went twins, was looking for cooling not power. To do this I bought a sink connected reverse osmosis filter off ebay for about 90 bux and would make three gallons at a time, one in the tank, two in bottles behind the seat. would take about 15 minutes to make three gallons.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
96Cummins12v

Member`s Gallery
Thanks for your input milkmaze.
Seriously guys nobody else can give me an aproximent amount they use daily, empty, or loaded,etc
96 2500 Reg Cab 4x4 - AFE Stage 2 Intake,Pusher Intake 4K GSK, ground plate,pump tuned,Fass 150, Autometer Gauges, built auto, goerand tripple disc tc ED Billet 66/68/.8 &5x14's SDX Comp DV's 17.5* timing, pump mods

Old 05-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
96Cummins12v

Member`s Gallery
Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for. I have the large tank and Im pretty sure its a 15 gallon, I know its a little big but hey I wouldnt have to fill it up very often , I thought that the 1 gallon tank would kinda suck but might use it for 50/50 for playing around.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
Strokethis73

Name: Strokethis73
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I'm running an 8 gallon fuel cell mounted in the tool box running an 80/20 mix. 20 being the water. It's 99.8 percent pure methanol. Won't stop till it lays a flame outta the stack. But be careful where you set your levels to come on at. First stage on mine is 17psi and second stage is at 30 psi

Old 06-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
96Cummins12v

Member`s Gallery
Yeah I know I will be running washer fluid for cooling purposes and a little bump in power. Im gonna go with a 6 gallon tank, my 14 gallon tank is to big to fit under my bed and still beable to fill it without it being seen and it takes up half of my tool box so Im gonna buy a tank. Labonte has a real nice 11gal tank for under bed mounting so Im gonna look into it a little more as well

Closed Thread