Fan Clutch Part Number

D45

Why does Mopar have different fan clutch part numbers for 3RD Gen trucks?

What is different or what changed?

03-04; 52028879A

04.5-07; 52028879AF

I am getting a P0483 Fan Clutch Speed Fault Code

104,000 miles

It's because of the different shrouds. I got a mopar fan clutch and then bad stuff happened and I went to Napa to buy one and it had all the same markings as the mopar but for half the price.

It's because of the different shrouds. I got a mopar fan clutch and then bad stuff happened and I went to Napa to buy one and it had all the same markings as the mopar but for half the price.

How is the NAPA fan clutch working? Any issues?

So far so good. It's been on there since last fall. It did howl a little but it doesn't anymore. It could be just something else going bad. Damn CR's LOL.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the correct PN for the fan clutch for an early 2004 ??

I found another number......whats the deal with this one: 55056990AC

It must be the 6.7. Maybe they combined the pn and only offer it like they did with the crossover tubes.

Mopar 55056990AC Replacement Cooling Fan Clutch
For the 2004 to 2010 Model Cummins Turbo Diesel
5.9L and 6.7L Cummins Diesel Fan Clutch
Replacement Engine Cooling Fan Clutch

I looked and cannot see any wiring or a wiring connector near the fan clutch

Also, is it normal for the fan to come on and spin on a completely cold motor?

Cummins 3954830 tstat was installed on my truck 8/2009 and all new coolant

Just checked my maintenance records...... totally forgot local Cummins shop was running a special

Engine temps never used to get above 190-195, now I am seeing temps 203-209

Bumping this up..........still running the stock fan clutch with 108,000 miles on it

Engine temps have fluctuated from 190-195 on days when its 75 degrees and cooler, to 205ish degrees on warmer days

Will or does a bad fan clutch affect the A/C system at all??? The A/C system seems to not be as cold as it once was..........I thought I recalled reading somewhere they can affect each other when not operating properly

I still have the FC code also, just on the Edge CTS........the Smarty and my code reader says not DTCs are stored

A/C is affected at idle speeds as well as engine temps will likely increase.. Everything should return to normal and function when driving.

Bumping this up..........still running the stock fan clutch with 108,000 miles on it

Engine temps have fluctuated from 190-195 on days when its 75 degrees and cooler, to 205ish degrees on warmer days

Will or does a bad fan clutch affect the A/C system at all??? The A/C system seems to not be as cold as it once was..........I thought I recalled reading somewhere they can affect each other when not operating properly

I still have the FC code also, just on the Edge CTS........the Smarty and my code reader says not DTCs are stored

ground out pin one

IIRC I think it should make the fan clutch come on.. also.. turn the AC on in full blast when you turn on the truck, in about 30 seconds or so the FC should come on and you should hear it..

from the symptoms you are describing, I would say that your FC is gone, clear the DTC and see if that solves it, if none of the above help at all, my educated guess is that your FC is out...

CREED is right, once you are moving all should return to normal.. but im betting that you still need a new FC

Back