What 5K GSK to get?

stubz616

Already tried searching to no avail.... Just picked up a 180 Pump from a member on here and am going to send it off to get it maxed/balanced with the 024DVs out of my 160 pump, 0 plate, and want to get 5K governor springs. I know the idle will be affected a little bit but don't want it to be annoying to start and drive especially in the winter. Pump will be going on the truck in my sig... I will also be upgrading the retainers and lock and getting a fluidampr...

So my question is, what kit have you guys used and recommend (CDS 5K, Haisley Machine 5K, DDP 5500???), also any problems you had with certain kits?

Also, would you recommend anything else to upgrade along with what i have mentioned already

Last edited:
Haisley Machine 5K, The 3 CDS 5ks Ive messed with had idle control issues and just are not a good setup. You could drive the Haisley 5ks on the street no problem. Just my thoughts. Im sure others may have had ok luck with CDS 5ks, but thats my story with them.

Haisley Machine 5K, The 3 CDS 5ks Ive messed with had idle control issues and just are not a good setup. You could drive the Haisley 5ks on the street no problem. Just my thoughts. Im sure others may have had ok luck with CDS 5ks, but thats my story with them.

Same story as well......

My fletcher 5k springs are a royal pain for daily driving. I've dealt with it, but is like a 5k spring that doesn't idle at 1500 and lug to 600rpm....

I have ran both styles with no issues. Just check the overall height and make sure there dead on even. Makes a difference setting them up. This is just what i have found over the years.

scheid 5k's get my vote... idk if they are the same ones as haisley, but they are easier to tune the my 4k's were

I have had CDS 5k's in two pumps. First was a 12mm that never ran right ever since I had it benched with those springs. Idle was horrible, and power was lacking with 4k's. Overall, a giant cluster****. Other pump is a CDS 13mm. Idles great, pulls great off the bottom end. But the throttle is ridiculously touchy. To the point of not being able to hold a steady speed in anything by 5th gear, and even then its tricky. How much is the springs and how much is the 13mm, I don't know. But thats my experience with them. Next set I try will be a Haisley set.

I have Haisley Machine 5K and no problems for street use. It works even 600 rpm idling with no problem.

Back