exhaust

dodgepower

Whats the best and loudest exhaust for the new 06 3rd generations? Also with opening the exhaust and a cold air intake and filter is that gonna help gas mileage or just horsepower? thanks i know they may seem like dumb questions but new to the diesel world.

Anything you can do to free the engine's breathing ability up is gonna help both power and economy. Now the gains won't be huge, but every little bit helps. As for the loudest?? Straight pipe the sucker with a 5" system to a set of bullhauler stacks :evil

My question on the straight pipes is that legal in mississippi do you know? I know back home my bro-in-laws said its the law now that like 2000 and above or something like that actually have to have the cats and muffs on them. I see that your from ms too wouldnt know any places down here on the gulf that would put the straight pipes on it do ya?

Last edited:
What ever you want, I'll find a distributor to hook ya up.....stacks look good on your truck....I've got some pictures! :evil:

dodgepower,

Billysgoat is right turn out stacks will be the loudest you can go!!! Check out the MBRP stacks with turn outs ot miter cuts. They are the only folks making a stack kit with 304 polished stack pipes, no worries about chips and the chrome rusting that way!!
Another option is the 5 inch turbo back systemn with a 6 inch tip, not quite as loud as a stack kit but less expensive and close on sound.

As far as MPG goes getting more air thru the engine always increases the BTU effieicency of the fuel you are burning. Remember though that you'll have to keep the right foot off the go pedal and getting an new intake and exhaust that will be difficult for a couple of tanks. The AFE Pro Guard 7 is the best intake as far as flow and stopping dirt!!

If you have any questions let us know, we'll be glad to help you on them.

Mark @ DPPI

dodgepower said:
My question on the straight pipes is that legal in mississippi do you know? I know back home my bro-in-laws said its the law now that like 2000 and above or something like that actually have to have the cats and muffs on them. I see that your from ms too wouldnt know any places down here on the gulf that would put the straight pipes on it do ya?

One of the great things about Mississippi, anything is legal if no one complains :D

On getting it straight piped, the best way is to get a kit to replace the stock system, by the time you pay a shop what they will want to do it you will be halfway to an exhaust system. Might as well pay the $$$$ and upgrade :evil

BTW, I live in the NW part of the state, just above the LA, Ark border on the river.

I got ya...........You gotta send me that avatar.........I wont use it on here but gotta have it for a couple of the other forums im on:rockwoot:

dodgepower said:
I got ya...........You gotta send me that avatar.........I wont use it on here but gotta have it for a couple of the other forums im on:rockwoot:

Shoot me a PM with an e-mail addy and it's yours :ylsuper:

Back